Towing the boat to montauk this fall

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flukenewsty

Reaction score
looking for ideas or suggestions for the trip. Where to stay, launch etc. we would like to target light tackle bass blue albies etc. when would be the best time to go? we would be going durring the week for 3 day of fishing on my 1801. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Jesse

Jesse,

Look up Harborside Motel, it's on West Lake Drive.
There is a ramp across the street from the motel. The motel also has room in the lot out back to keep the boat/trailer as well as hose down facilities.
It's not real fancy, but it's very clean and reasonable. Merle, the owner, is very fisherman friendly. Tell her the guys from Philly put you on to the place. We stay there alot, sometimes she'll even open up a few rooms for us in Feb so we can come up and codfish. I think you'll enjoy the place.
I can get the # for you if you have trouble finding it.

Prime time for albies in Montauk is usually late September and early October, they can show up in early Sept and stay until late October. I fish out of Shinnecock Bay in Southampton (40 miles west of Montauk) with my 1801. The albies are in Shinnecock from early September until the end of the month. Let me know when you are coming, I plan on taking a day or two off during the fall run to chase albies on flyrod in Montauk as well. You can launch at Gone Fishing Marina for a small fee, which is where I would probably launch.

Chris

Back