Trailer for 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddleon

Reaction score
Looking to buy a used trailer for the 2120 and I know some of you trailer your boats so thought I'd pick yer brains a bit :D . I see single and 2bl axle trailers and was wondering what I should be looking for. This is really just for taking her home for the winter.The drive from the marina/ramp is about 2 miles...
tho my partner and I have talked about taking her to Montauk next year and that is about 75 miles each way.
I used to trailer my previous boat for 4 years but that was a 16 bowrider ...
this Parker is a bit bigger :shock:
Any input would be apreciated!

J

I just got a trailer for my 2110. I looked at the weight of the boat and then figure in the motor and a full tank of gas. You are looking at around 4000 lbs.. I picked up a tandem axel rated for 4500 lbs.. I am using it just like you, to and from the marina and winter storage.

look around I found mt trailer in a marina/boat junk yard. The trailer is a 1980 somthing. They put all new brakes,tires,rims, brake lines and an acuator all for 1800.00..

Good Luck.

I think you should be looking for a trailer rated at around 6000#'s. This is based on my experience trailering my own 2120 for the last four years. The gross weight of the boat is always more than you think. My trailer is rated at 4700 and I believe it to be right at its limit. Spend the money on a decent trailer and cruise down the highway relaxed.

I hate my trailer... but I hated my last trailer even more! They are a constant maintenance problem. Get one that gives you a bit of safety margin weight-wise. It will also be easier to sell when you upgrade.

Is dual axle what I should be looking for?

I'm very safety conscious and even tho the distance I'm going is 1 mile back n forth I'd rather spend a bit more and get something that I'll like and feel comfortable using.
My last boat was a 16' bowrider...a toy compared to
this 2120! This is a whole different beast :shock:

"Quote from Paddleon, Is dual axle what I should be looking for?"

Yes.

Paddleon,
I would think you would need at least a 7000 gross weight trailer. I just bought a trailer for a 21SE. With a 7000 gross weight trailer with 3500 lb axles deducting the weight of the trailer you are left with being able to carry a 6000 boat but it would be maxed out. My 21SE on the trailer will weigh in on a road scale a little less than 6000 lbs. I would think that your 2120 would be more??

Here are my very rough figures:
Hull 2400
motor 600
Fuel 800
Ice 150
gear 500
Batteries 80
Livewell 200+
full
Trailer 1000+

IMO Buying a trailer that is close to maxed out is asking for problems down the road. I think a lot of boat dealers max out the trailer or cut corners on their trailers to save a few dollars to make the deal.
Bigger is better.

Thanks everyone for the input :D

Next question...
Bunk or roller?
I've only used a roller trailer for my last boat. I hear bunk is better...

Thought?

I have owned both bunk and roller trailers, but I preferred the bunks.

Be prepared though... this is a "Ford or Chevy" sort of question.
Lots of passion from both camps. :wink:

Paddleon":vmn0m4ei said:
Thanks everyone for the input :D

Next question...
Bunk or roller?
I've only used a roller trailer for my last boat. I hear bunk is better...

Thought?

Deep launch - bunk
Shallow launch- roller

I think the biggest difference between the two is (in my opinion) with a roller you are able to launch and retrieve your boat in shallow water. Other than that they both have pro's and con's. If you are only planning on launching in non tidal water or a very deep boat ramp than a bunk is cheaper, less maintenance, commonly available in aluminum, safer and more supportive. I use a roller but have had both. I launch in many unfamiliar places and like the ease of launching and retrieving with a roller. Personally this factor alone out weighed all the pros of a bunk trailer for me.

This is more like "Less filling - Tastes great". 8) :) Which is more important.

I too bought a roller trailer as it is easier for me to launch and retrieve with the wonderfull launch ramps in this area and the tidal situations. Even though I use it no more than 3 times a season, it is easier to work on it when on the trailer.

Back