Trailer hitch ...HELP!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddleon

Reaction score
I feel really stupid asking this but I'm at my wits end!!!
Borrowed a trailer from a friend ( he is away and can't be reached) and I'll be damned if I can not get the hitch off the ball @$&%. I've tried everything!7AM till 9AM this morning...
Its attached to my wifes truck and she is not thrilled to have to trailer a 2120 Parker behind her for the next week :roll:
I've trailered before and know my way around these things but this style latching gizmo has me stumped!
It went onto the ball fine...
but I can't undo it.The latch that locks onto the ball will not retract no matter what I've tried.

Ball is correct size ( 2")

Any suggestions???

Attachments

• Hitch big (Small).JPG
    Hitch big (Small).JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Hitch 3 view (Small).JPG
    Hitch 3 view (Small).JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 103
Pull the hitch pin, and take the receiver hitch off first of all, then your wife won't have to tow the boat around...
As for getting it off, you should be able to lift that lever up. Its possible that there's too much pressure on it now, and once you pop the hitch out of the receiver, it'll come out easily. Its possible he installed a bolt to hold it down, so look for one that locks it in place.

If you have to pull the hitch pin make sure you chock the trailer wheels before easing the truck away.

A big THANKS to both of you!

I read both replies and did as said...
the wife will be Parker free as of 15 minutes ago :shock:

Pulled the pin and chocked the wheels.Took a bit of playing around to get it out ( a bit of WD 40 also) but she slid out and once out the ball detached easily from the hitch.
Up inside the cup where the ball sits was a rusty colored mess of grit.
I'm thinking this prevented the locking part from sliding off the ball when the handle was pulled up.That and a bit of tension ...

Hopefully I will find a trailer of my own soon and set it up the way I'd like.I seldom borrow things but I was in a pinch and my friend was nice enough to lend me his till I find what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!!!

Jay

Back