Transducer Install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I have a 2003 2120 PH and and a Garmin 4208 with a transducer on the transom. Next year I am going to install a thru hull transducer and have never had one or installed one, I have always used a transom mount. I would like to know
1. Which transducer would I need
2. How hard is it to install
3. Are there certain ones for different degrees of hull or is there some kind of wedge you have to install?
4. What is the cost of a real good one going to run me, not that it matters cuz im going to get it anyway (one of the plusses of being old and single)

I know its kind of early to be thinking about what I am going to do next year but this way I get to research it for a longer time so I will have a
better idea of what I am doing.

Personally I prefer the Airmar tilted element B60 model.
Great 600 watt unit and easy to install. Gives temp and depth. With this unit you will sacrifice speed readings.
I have never lost bottom with this unit coupled to a FCV 585 Furuno.
Check with Jim at BOE for the latest pricing.

Tom

ppem45":w71lqf0x said:
I have a 2003 2120 PH and and a Garmin 4208 with a transducer on the transom. Next year I am going to install a thru hull transducer and have never had one or installed one, I have always used a transom mount. I would like to know
1. Which transducer would I need. I like the B60 if you don't mind drilling a hole below the waterline/p79 if you do.
2. How hard is it to install. Both are relatively easy to install.
3. Are there certain ones for different degrees of hull or is there some kind of wedge you have to install? The b60 allows you to "adjust" the angle to match the deadrise at the transom.
4. What is the cost of a real good one going to run me, not that it matters cuz im going to get it anyway (one of the plusses of being old and single). Don't remember

I know its kind of early to be thinking about what I am going to do next year but this way I get to research it for a longer time so I will have a
better idea of what I am doing.

Attachments

• B60_Tilted (Small).jpg
    B60_Tilted (Small).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 299
  • B60 (Small).JPG
    B60 (Small).JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 12192008 011 (Small).jpg
    12192008 011 (Small).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 299
PPEM45

I have a Airmar in hull (shoot thru) transducer with my Raymarine E-80. There is no hole to cut, no transom to drill, and no water/speed cavitation issues to deal with. Only a clear picture at all fish finding speeds. The one draw back is you give up speed and temp.

It seems to me that Parker is making these boats for fishermen, knowing that they will most likely be installing a fish finder and a transducer. Why doesn't Parker install an opening for a through hull transducer? Why compromise your boat's hull? It is because technology has improved so much that through hull transducers are like Tube TVs and shoot through transducers are like LCD TVs; you have to keep up with the improving technology. We no longer have dial telephones, Tube TVs, and crank engines. The times, they are improving.

Attachments

• Tranducer (Medium).JPG
    Tranducer (Medium).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 131
The person in the second FF picture here has all the talent, they caught a good sized fish and the boat isn't even in the water!

PS: don't go breaking out that Egret on me now!

It dosen't take much to outfish me these days but eating those fish, I will stand my own with any of yers.

grouperjim":1j5xn28k said:
there is no reason to tilt the element. if i am not mistaken the 2120 (like the 2320) has a flat pad at the transom where you can shoot straight down.

Yep, he's right. I didn't think to look at your model. No need to tilt on that flat pad.

Latest posts

Back