Transom Rod Holders ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Anyone care to share any pics or suggestions for transom mounted rod holders? I'm considering the Taco rod rack or the individual CE Smith transom mount holders but, I'm open to other suggestions or idea's.

Just got in the Taco 3 rod transom holders to mount on the outside of my transom tomorrow. I think I'm gonna like them & will post a picture tomorrow after I mount it.

Flaff":2p1hmaf3 said:
Just got in the Taco 3 rod transom holders to mount on the outside of my transom tomorrow. I think I'm gonna like them & will post a picture tomorrow after I mount it.

Like these rod holders BUT I've about changed my mind as it's real difficult to get to the inside of the transom where the bolts should come in. Looks like I need to remove the bottom housing under the fish box or figure out some other way to get to that area of the inside of the transom, which looks like a lot of work.... :(

Lags.

That transom is 3" thick no need for bolts.

But use lagbolts, not screws. How many mounting holes are there?

Bryan 2530":9fn5bi32 said:
Lags.

That transom is 3" thick no need for bolts.

But use lagbolts, not screws. How many mounting holes are there?

3 on each side. How long you think?

2"

Make sure it has a shank under the cap, i.e. the threads don't go all the way up and size your drill bit correctly.

This is what I did to my 2520
Mounted with 1/4 inch bolts and 1/4 X 2 inch back plats

Attachments

• rod rack.jpg
    rod rack.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 585
This is what I did to my old 2310. I chose this type because they were removeable. I split time between fishing buds and the family. Being able to have a clean transom when I had the kids onboard was important. These where easily through bolted.

Attachments

• rsz rodholders.jpg
    rsz rodholders.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 803
This is how i did mine.....www.Traxstech.com awesome products and have switched them from boat to boat now reside on my Parker.....
The transom has a track installed with a removable (rotating) riser and 18" track...you can go to a 4'track and as many rod holders as you wish...
and you can rotate and adjust vertically almost anyway you want!

Capt. Chris Yard
Irish Knots, LLC
http://www.IrishKnotsFishing.com
315-263-7661

Attachments

• miscs 5-22-11 030.jpg
    miscs 5-22-11 030.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 320
Back