Trim Tab Auto Retract - WorkAround?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has a workaround for the autoretract function of the Lenco Trim Tabs?

I find that when I am coming up on breaking fish and kill the engine to drift, the auto retract whirrling noise kinda blows the stealth approach and fish scatter.

Gotta believe I'm not the only one frustrated by this.

Install a rocker switch to cut the power feed to the tabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could a simple toggle switch work or would a relay be needed?

Why don’t you try and call/email Lenco. They would know what wire could be switched and the amp draw.

I doubt it’s the trim tabs spooking the fish.

Skorcher":pbnett7q said:
Good Info - much appreciated

Auntidote - GFY
Back at you DB.

Come back and tell how you bent your trim tabs because they didn’t auto-retract so I can laugh at ya you POS

Initially, I was trying to be helpful. There are a lot of things that spook fish. The sounds your boat makes travel great distances with great clarity.

When you started the name calling I only replied in kind. Judging by your name you have a burning issue in your shorts. I recommend Vagasil for your Antidote.

Don’t worry I won’t grace you with my presence in the future. And good luck bending your tabs and continuing to scare fish. Maybe it’s the odor coming from your shorts that scaring them.

Antidote":2me1hmac said:
Initially, I was trying to be helpful. There are a lot of things that spook fish. The sounds your boat makes travel great distances with great clarity.

When you started the name calling I only replied in kind. Judging by your name you have a burning issue in your shorts. I recommend Vagasil for your Antidote.

Don’t worry I won’t grace you with my presence in the future. And good luck bending your tabs and continuing to scare fish. Maybe it’s the odor coming from your shorts that scaring them.

Trying to be helpful eh? Stop it..

I'm here asking for options to address a well known issue that other fishermen are dealing with (google it) and you jump on as the antagonist. "Not the Issue - Go bend your Tabs, vagisil etc..."
A-hole says what?

How about being helpful like others here or just shut your pie hole...

Please guys, let’s not turn this forum into THT.

I have a 2016 2530 with twins and I don't turn off the key as that will activate the retractors, just push the on/off buttons that are use to start the engines and the tabs stay in place. I cut down to one motor all the time for trolling using this method.

mheltunen":2gzfpmdv said:
Please guys, let’s not turn this forum into THT.

Correct, because we can and will ban for bad behavior.
Let this be your warning. There will not be a second one.

Latest posts

Back