Trim tabs for 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sscoville

Reaction score
I am trying to determine which tabs to install on my 1801. I’ve seen that some have gone with Lenco 9x12s and some have gone with Bennett 10x12 M120 sport tabs. What about Lenco 12x12s? I’ve never had tabs on a boat before but I keep reading how great they are for this boat and want to install them. My boat has a 150 4stroke and t-top. Thanks.

I found some older threads addressing most of my questions, including a post that Robin Parker recommended Lenco 12x12s. Has anyone gone with these?

I had a 2003 1801 with a 115 4 stroke...never felt that I needed trim tabs. Maybe the 150 makes the stern 'squat' more?

I don’t know if it’s the weight of the motor or not. I would like to be able to stay in plane at lower speeds and have the other benefits tabs offer.

I have 18 X 9 Bennett's on mine, just because I had them laying around. You can go too small, but I'm not sure that there is a too large. The more area, the less deflection you need, and they add running surface.

I’ve been emailing with tabman and it looks like I’m limited by my swim platform. I think I’m going to go with the 9x12 edge mount Bennet Bolt tabs. Anyone tried these on an 1801?

Just so you know... Bennett make hydraulic and electric tabs these days.
I would put M120's on and add the edge 'wings'.
Your boat will run like it gained 2' in length with tabs.

Yes, he replied. He recommended the Bolt (Bennett’s electric) tabs. I wanted to go 12x12 but it looks like the 9x12 edge mount are the only ones that will fit under the swim ladder.

I’ve seen some folks cut the platform and run the actuator through it. I went ahead and ordered the 9x 12 egged Mount bolts.

In the past I've owned both an 18 and a 21SE Parker. 18 footer had an Evinrude 140 hp 2 stroke. I never felt I needed trim tabs on it. Engine trim was all I needed. The 21SE with a 150 2 stroke Yamaha was a different story however. Trim tabs are a must have IMO.
I would not spend the money to add tabs on the 18 hull.

I had a friend go fishing with me the other day and he stood behind me in the boat. If I trimmed the motor up at all it started to porpoise. I also have a t-top and 2 batteries in the back. The tabs were less than $500.

PKS1801":1l48g7mi said:
I've never heard anyone say, "I wish my boat didn't have trim tabs".
I am not a fan of tabs. Going to run the boat for a while before considering it. The captain has a lot of control on how the boat rides.

I got to test the tabs today in some pretty rough conditions. They make it a different boat. I can slow down and stay on plane and the ride in rough water is dramatically improved by trimming the bow down. And I can use them for better hole shot. I’m sure there are limits to what the boat will handle even with tabs, but I can say I highly recommend tabs.

0f4d575bfb85f6533d11b064ab7e7020.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back