Trolling motor 23 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I want to put a trolling motor on my 2300SE. I would be using this in low tidal current conditions and light winds, occasionally to 15 knots. In those conditions would a 24v 80# suffice for occasional use? I realize bigger is better. Just trying to keep the cost down a bit with 2 batteries instead of 3. Thanks for any help!

No. You are doing yourself an injustice w/ the 24 volt. I have a Parker 1801 that I installed a Rhodan 24volt 80 pound thrust trolling motor to the bow. I have (2) 31 group AGM batteries in the bow. There have been times in the river when that current was ripping so hard the 24V would not hold spot lock.

I also had a 36V Minn Kota 112 pound thrust 72" trolling motor on my last boat. It held in the river at 20 knot winds and current. No problem : fished all day and used 20% of the battery. GPS spot locking all day without an issue.

I am just finishing my 36V install on my Parker 2320 now: Minn Kota 112 Pound thrust 87" shaft. No way I would consider a 24 Volt, I don't care what Rhodan tells you. They seem optimistic with their thrust. Finally, not that you asked, I am a big fan of Minn Kota over Rhodan. I have owned them both. Currently own one of each.

would a 120lb thrust, 36v, 72" shaft be sufficient for the 23se or would you recommend an 87"

would a 120lb thrust, 36v, 72" shaft be sufficient for the 23se or would you recommend an 87"

I have a 2300dv and I ordered an 84” 36 volt. I spoke with both Rhodan and others locally with similar boats and went with their recommendation. To keep weight down I ordered a single 36v lithium battery.

Yeh, I have since got on the waiting list for a 72" 36v from Rhodan per their recommendation for my boat(23se). They are saying 6-8 weeks waiting time...

Back