Trolling motor on 21se or 23 se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishotherapy

Reaction score
Has anyone put trolling motor on 21 se? How did you mount the motor and did you use a backing plate? We’re batteries mounted in console? Any ideas appreciated

My 21SE was new to me last year. Here’s what I went with for location. It stowes nicely and is easy to deploy.

I also went with it being permanent mounted. Every boat I’ve owned has had a trolling motor and the only time I ever removed them was to have them worked on, so based on that I opted out of the removable plate. It also makes it a cleaner looking install in my opinion. The wires are covered with a clamshell where they are run.

The guy who installed it used seaboard and 3/8” (I think) aluminum for the mounting surface. The seaboard was to account for the raised lip on the gunnel, then the aluminum was to give all 4 bolts a solid foundation.

he was able to use the gas line chase to get the wires into the helm. Batteries are in the helm - which eats a lot of storage space. But worth the sacrifice since I can’t imagine having a boat without spotlock at this point.

the bank charger is in the helm as well. I’ll see if I can find other pics.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• F9975787-8DFA-4996-AA7A-9349BF1ED621.jpeg
    F9975787-8DFA-4996-AA7A-9349BF1ED621.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 65
Not the best pic. Next time I crawl under the cover I’ll take a few more pics.

Attachments

• 3CEAF1D5-E7E9-47D3-9404-9DE8C221A6C5.jpeg
    3CEAF1D5-E7E9-47D3-9404-9DE8C221A6C5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
My 21SE was new to me last year. Here’s what I went with for location. It stowes nicely and is easy to deploy.

I also went with it being permanent mounted. Every boat I’ve owned has had a trolling motor and the only time I ever removed them was to have them worked on, so based on that I opted out of the removable plate. It also makes it a cleaner looking install in my opinion. The wires are covered with a clamshell where they are run.

The guy who installed it used seaboard and 3/8” (I think) aluminum for the mounting surface. The seaboard was to account for the raised lip on the gunnel, then the aluminum was to give all 4 bolts a solid foundation.

he was able to use the gas line chase to get the wires into the helm. Batteries are in the helm - which eats a lot of storage space. But worth the sacrifice since I can’t imagine having a boat without spotlock at this point.

the bank charger is in the helm as well. I’ll see if I can find other pics.
Hope this helps.
Why was it mounted to hang over the bow so far?

I think that's a default of me wanting it mounted on the port side vs. directly off the bow.

If we tried to go directly off the bow/centerline then the motor would be stored over the anchor locker hatch and would eliminate being able to stand on the bow to cast.

Not the best pic. Next time I crawl under the cover I’ll take a few more pics.
I'm looking at doing the same thing, but was told you can replace the 3 batteries with a single 36v Lithium battery to save space/weight.

Was under the cover today and snapped a few pics of the charger and mounting area.
Not the best, but hope it helps.

Attachments

• 815A155D-5D6F-48BB-A4A6-40A8E9B139B4.jpeg
    815A155D-5D6F-48BB-A4A6-40A8E9B139B4.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 8FFF880B-1C9C-447B-9972-8E18443EDB3F.jpeg
    8FFF880B-1C9C-447B-9972-8E18443EDB3F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
I have a minn kota terrova mounted on the bow using a mounting plate. I would also high recommend using a ram style mount to secure the shaft (second pic).

I am in the process of ordering a G-Line 36V 88AH LiFePO4 battery. The weight of that battery is less than the weight of one of my current lead-acid batteries. The battery and charger are mounted inside the helm. When ordering the G-Line, you get a 36v charger with it!
IMG_0831.jpgIMG_0832.jpg

I have a minn kota terrova mounted on the bow using a mounting plate. I would also high recommend using a ram style mount to secure the shaft (second pic).

I am in the process of ordering a G-Line 36V 88AH LiFePO4 battery. The weight of that battery is less than the weight of one of my current lead-acid batteries. The battery and charger are mounted inside the helm. When ordering the G-Line, you get a 36v charger with it!

psantinelli - Did you use a backing plate under the minn kota mount or just the supplied hardward? If so can you share a picture from the inside of the anchor locker?
Is there any obstruction to the side view of your forward NAV light? I am debating installing in the same spot with that mount or going with the shuttleslide mount to pull it back and not obstruct the lights but also want to make sure it clears the anchor locker when open.

This is the mounting plate that is used.. https://bit.ly/3i3u9gj. I can't get a clear picture in the anchor locker, but you can get your hand through the front to where the mount is located. If you look at the pictures, the nav light sits below the space of the motor.

View attachment 32472View attachment 32473
I will be looking into that G-Line battery.

With the new batteries being so light, I think it would be smart to run 1 36v battery in the bow locker, this way you have to run minimal wiring.

Then for the install I would use a shuttle slide, which makes a nice backing plate. My motor also slides forward on a track and for my anchor locker I use pins to make the door removable to access the anchor….

I also added a chock in the front of the boat so in case I want to use the anchor I can keep the rope on one side of the boat and not run the risk the rope hits the motor.

I would get a riptide terrova as the ulterra the auto deploy breaks and when it does you can’t use the motor.

When I did my install lithium batteries were like $2k, you can get chins or ampere time for like $1k now.

Here is my install.

I am using 3 interstates under the console which are $285 for 3 of them

0A6F616D-F390-4352-9763-214C52EAB192.jpeg1CEDF797-4C67-4EB8-A589-6AD78245410A.jpeg

That's exactly what I plan on doing with my 2024 21SE. Any problem accessing the anchor locker?
That’s the biggest challenge to the install, local shop needed to get the backing plate in there for me. I’ve seen others that cut a pie hatch to insert the plate in there. I would look at a shuttle slide as the movabikity of the motor means you can have function of your anchor, and not have to modify your nav lights. It’s also nice protection sitting in a dock with motor inside the boat

Back