Trolling Motor on 25XX or 23XX Pilothouse?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Appreciate the pics. I ended up mounting mine in the same spot on the other side of the bow, but I had a larger mounting plate made. So, my motor stows outside the railing, parallel to the starboard side of the boat.

It looks like that Parker is on a trailer. Do you remove the trolling motor to load and unload off the trailer?

I just picked up my Minn Kota 112 pound, 36 volt 87" shaft ipilot terrova to mount on my Parker 2320. Gaining insight and ideas on installation locations. Ideally, I would be able to launch and load on the trailer ( and my boat lift) without removing the trolly.
128049: could you please post pics from the topside including your aluminum base plate?
This will be my 4th GPS spot locking installation. The 1st ones were perfect. This installation has some unique conformational nuances..

I just picked up my Minn Kota 112 pound, 36 volt 87" shaft ipilot terrova to mount on my Parker 2320. Gaining insight and ideas on installation locations. Ideally, I would be able to launch and load on the trailer ( and my boat lift) without removing the trolly.
128049: could you please post pics from the topside including your aluminum base plate?
This will be my 4th GPS spot locking installation. The 1st ones were perfect. This installation has some unique conformational nuances..
Don't have top side pictures right now. Took off trolling motor and covered boat yesterday (snowstorm in NY today). I'll take send some pictures as soon as I can.

No guide ons.

10-4
I think I’m going to end up mounting it in this location but attempt to keep the head and most of the shaft inside the bow rail. 90% of my 2320 use is off then boat lift (have guide ons) and 10% trailer (have guide ons).
I need to keep it inside to clear the lateral
Guide on obstruction.... but I can’t get rid of my guide ons....
a pulpit mount may work... exploring options.

Appreciate the pics. I ended up mounting mine in the same spot on the other side of the bow, but I had a larger mounting plate made. So, my motor stows outside the railing, parallel to the starboard side of the boat.
Like the look of this. I always wondered why more guys don't mount on the Starboard side. See a lot of guys mounting them on the port. Single screw boat will always dock a tad easier on the port side verses Stbd side in heavy winds. (single screw theory). Did you fabricate yourself or have someone else fabricate? Looks real good.

Like the look of this. I always wondered why more guys don't mount on the Starboard side. See a lot of guys mounting them on the port. Single screw boat will always dock a tad easier on the port side verses Stbd side in heavy winds. (single screw theory). Did you fabricate yourself or have someone else fabricate? Looks real good.
My son and I did all the design and installation. I had a local metal shop cut the aluminum plate and powder coat it.

Appreciate the reply.

After researching online and speaking with others, including charter captains running other boats, I agree on the Rhodan.

I have seen pictures of trolling motors on a 2520 and a 2320. Neither looked like they modified the bow rails. So, not sure that would be required.

I was thinking of putting the batteries on the cabin floor where my porta potty is now. I sent an inquiry to the guys at Parker and their response was that the floor is capable of supporting 3 batteries.

If anyone in this group has ever actually done a trolling motor installation on he bow of a Parker Pilothouse boat, I love to hear from them. Thank you.

Check out " Out on the Reef" on youtube, he has a trolling motor on his Pilothouse and its a sweet setup and he has a tutorial on how he goes through it all.

Good Luck!

Here’s some pics of my install on my Armstrong bracket.
3b30934ec7e485d1cdf8519598e587aa.jpg
87cd72bbbb26c95fcdf771eddf72ac48.jpg
1ec3dad29843818c6ded49a796135caa.jpg
ce7162ff27015f2b37cd5221206d182f.jpg
4e1c1bea52cc43075420b1d796535430.jpg
ae6305430eb98d75fd3ff3fbd67e73f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is this set up working out for you? Any issues with spot locking from the stern? Does it anchor you stern into the wind/tide/current, does that cause a problem?

Here’s mine. Odyssey Boatworks custom designed the plate and install for my 97’ 2320. Went with 84’ Rhodan. The motherboard crapped out on me in under 4 hours, but warranty and local service were top notch.

Attachments

• IMG_9364.jpeg
    IMG_9364.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9296.jpeg
    IMG_9296.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9299.jpeg
    IMG_9299.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9297.jpeg
    IMG_9297.jpeg