Trolling Motor Support Arm

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran into the typical issue with a ton of “bounce” or vibration in the trolling motor shaft while underway or trailering. It puts a lot of stress on the motor components, and can mess up the boards in the head as well, especially while driving a few hours with the boat on the trailer. Most of the support solutions I found required drilling more holes to install a mount support, which I didn’t want to do. So, I came up with this:
2F0258A3-91A7-4A31-8B6A-DCE1C6C0DA0C.jpeg
Components:
RAM Medium Tough Claw RAM® Tough-Claw™ Medium Clamp Base with Ball
RAM 14” PVC arm RAM® 14" PVC Pipe with Single Socket Arms
RAM 1” 1/4-20 threaded ball RAM® Ball Adapter with 1/4"-20 Threaded Post - B Size
9 Solutions Savior clamp Savior Clamp - 9.SOLUTIONS

The clamp works great. It eliminates about 90% of the movement of the shaft, making it comfortable to trailer and run the boat with the motor mounted. The PVC pipe mount can be cut to length to fit the particular installation on your boat, so if any part of the shaft passes over or near the edge of the cockpit, it may work for you. The clamp is coated aluminum, high quality, and rock solid. If you’re looking for a way to support your trolling motor without drilling more holes in the boat, this could be a good option.
2BEB9EA5-CBE5-4BA8-BAD4-D09881DEE0D0.jpeg
4222C825-B2BA-4F8B-848D-7E15D7419A3A.jpeg

Yep.... A RAM mount...... Not included with a Minkota....... BUT , is included with a Rodan.

Cool solution. My Rhodan came with the RAM Mount but not the clamp. I like the fact that you don't have to drill more holes when you're using the clamp.

Yep.... A RAM mount...... Not included with a Minkota....... BUT , is included with a Rodan.
Except that the clamp used in this one is far better than the Rhodan mount, which requires you to screw in a ball mount base somewhere on your covering boards.

Obviously I could have done that, but I didn’t want more holes in the boat. I also didn’t want additional mounting fixtures permanently installed when the trolling motor is not on board.

This way, the clamp offers all of the support, with none of the additional permanent mounting. Also, the cut to size 14” arm allows you to customize the mount to your exact installation, rather than try to make something work with the manufacturer provided hardware.

LASTLY, the Rhodan mount clamps permanently to the motor shaft using a hose-clamp like fitting, which depending on where you mount it may limit the depth to which the motor can thereby be submerged as the fitting can’t pass through the motor’s steering box. The claw on my bracket removes completely from the shaft, causing no impact to the motor’s operation whatsoever.

I get that Rhodan at least provides something with their motor, but I’d rather spend ~$100 extra on a far better solution anyway.

I do See the difference. :) And as You said... Rhodan does at least include one.... I remember the 1st Minkota that did not have one.... I called the Local Dealer [friend of mine] and said.... Hey Where's the Support Mount for when it's Stowed ?

Back