Tuna w/ Lucky John

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striperswiper

Reaction score
Lucky John lived up to his name!

I post here about a week ago that I was looking for a crew to go mid week for tuna. I got a couple of responses and Lucky John and I headed out on 8.18 to the tuna grounds.

We got there around 0530 to calm seas and perfect weather. After bs'ing on the way out we got down to buisness, got on the drift and started chunking. Lucky John hooked up on a jig within 10 minutes.

Nice fish gaffed and in the box in less that 5 minutes. This guy can fish!

We got 2 more on bait in the next half hour then picked up and went back to our orginal spot for another drift. Two more on bait. and picked up again.

Next drift two . Next drift one all on bait.

Over all 8 for 8, got an over and an under and headed home at 1300.

Great day, great company and lost of good eating tuna.

Attachments

• Briantuna.jpg
    Briantuna.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 231
  • luckyjohntuna.jpg
    luckyjohntuna.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 231
Brian, thanks for a truely great day on the water :D
We got along famously and did some damage to those bluefins.Hopefully those fish stay there a little while longer and we can get back on them soon.
I bet you will get plenty of calls now :wink:
Thanks again buddy

Way to go gentlemen!!! Im glad you guys got on those fish and did well. I was stuck playin in the marshes all week for PSEG. I wish I could have made the trip out there. Once again congrats!!!!!!!

Nice to see you guys south of me are getting those size fish.
Up here in Ma. we got lots of 60 - 70 in fish with many small giants mixed in.

Get a small group from here and I'll take a ride up. Would love another shot at a bigger fish with new jigging rod. I blew off a trip for today because I wanted my buddy to come,and now the guy looks like he's not going to be able to go tom. Fish are stacked up here in one area.It's just a little farther than we feel comfortable 65 + miles,trying to find another friend who has boat in Manasquan or Shark River.Forecast looks good for tom,after that................... :roll:

Back