Twin 225 HP Johnson Ocean Runner Trim Problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan'ssou'wester

Reaction score
Having trouble with tilt and trim on twin1998 225HP Johnsons . I had motors down all winter.Started right up and
ran great but motors will not trim up. Changed all relays,checked wiring to seleniod. When I trim up, I can hear click of relays but motors does not go up. I'm sure trim motors are good. Problem is probably electrical or tilt tube. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a bad ground. do the motors have individual trim buttons? what about trim buttons on the motors? did you try all of them? check the lead going into the motor

The way my trailer is set up, I do not need to trim motors up to travel down the road or back down the boat ramp, but it would be nice to trim up, when running in shallows.I tried all switches at motor and at helm all wiring seems to be tight, changed all 4 relays. When I trim up at motor at all switches, I can hear relay click but motors do not go up, Its like motors are stuck at tilt tubes.. Dale H you have same motor , Any advice would be greatly appreciated, And would keep me from running aground.

Attachments

• Springcleaning.JPG
    Springcleaning.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 223
Back