type of anchor for my 2320 what do you recommend for the Bay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trashman

Reaction score
West MARINE has a big sale on their anchors this months. I have only the windlass. If I want to stay overnight somewhere should i buy another one

The choice are Delta Fast set 9 lbs-140 lbs-lewmar
claw anchor 2.20 lbs 0 110 lbs-lewmar
and then they have something they call traditional flute style anchor 2 shackles, proof coil chain and nylon line 8 lbs $77.99

Thanks Trashman

I have two anchors on the boat.

Through the windlass, I have a 22lb Delta plow on 30' of 1/4" BBB chain and 250' of 1/2" three strand line.

As a spare I have the OEM Danforth 14lb on a hanger and in the cabin 10' of 1/4" BBB chain and 200' of 1/2" three strand line.

If I ever got into a high wind situation, I'd put out both and sit in the "V" of the two.

Dave

aka

Of the style of anchors, I much prefer a heavy danforth to a delta fast set. I had a delta fast set for a while and it was great for regular mud and sandy bottoms. However, I would drag anchor in silt and it wouldnt set over oysterbeds for chumming/livelining. The danforth holds on almost all bottoms.

I use a 20+ pound Delta Fast-set on the pulpit with 20 ft. of chain and usually have a large Danforth mounted on the bow rail for locations where retrieval might be questionable. The combination works good when on the hook overnight with lots of room. I have never had the Delta fail to set in the Bay (yet). I do use a larger one than normal, however.

Back