Under deck hoses

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueghost93

Reaction score
What is everybody’s opinion on the best hose to use for under deck applications? In the process of re-plumbing the bilge pumps as well as the bait tank. There seems to be a lot of garbage sold that either kinks or cracks after a year or two. I don’t want to pull open a hatch next season and find my bait tank has been leaking all over the fuel tank and into the foam or something.

Go to the West Marine site ..This is my reference for Shields brand Hose.

Series 148 & Series 162 work very Well......"IF" you don't have radical curves...They have smooth surface inside and out.

Next is Series 141 Use this if you have radical curves. It's smooth inside...It has a plastic helical wire to keep it from collapsing in a radical curve...It is a Lil harder to clamp. But don't fret over that. This is what Parker used in Lots of OEM installs.

Series 120 sold under the name Bilgeflex...... NEVER - EVER ! Put this crap on a boat! It's dangerous..Cracks easy within 2 years. 1 thing it's good for.... A Dog Toy.

Clamps ... There are Stainless clamps..... and then there are 316 Stainless clamps.
There are regular spiral loom clamps and there are T bolt style clamps.

T bolt clamps don't have the slots like a spiral loom. This protects the hose surface. T bolt clamps have a more even pressure around the hose.
ONLY use 316 Stainless clamps. The other "Stainless" clamps are 304 series and they rust.

By the way... I have a BUNCH of 1 1/8" Clear Poly with reinforcement here... I'll sell if anyone is interested.... It's hard to come by.... Had to buy a whole roll to get it.

I’m heading to West Marine today. I’ll see if I can find the above there. All my hoses seem to be a very straight shot other than the one coming up through the deck connecting to the Bait tank itself.

It says the 141 isn’t recommended for under the water line. They also have a 149 series that they recommend hmm

Back