Upgrade for my 2310 Notch Transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bent monkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I really hated the amount of real estate that the engine well occupied so I decided to get rid of it. The only reason for it was to keep the water out and allow the engine to raise up, so I came up with a 'removeable wall' that did the same job but allowed for a lot more space, the difference in fishing was phenomenol.
I used starboard as you can see and the color matches the gel coat pretty well to, people have thought that the 'wall' was factory and are surprised when I tell them that we made it. So here you go for your viewing pleasure and maybe you will end up doing it as well, if you do choose do to it you will be really happy that you did.
My camera seemed to pick up the fact that I should have cleaned her before taking the pics.....

Attachments

• DSC_1462.JPG
    DSC_1462.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1,236
  • DSC_1463.JPG
    DSC_1463.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,236
  • DSC_1467.JPG
    DSC_1467.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,236
  • DSC_1466.JPG
    DSC_1466.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,236
I have the same notch transome but my scuppers are located on either side of the motor. Are yours in the same location? Any consideration for this? I was contemplating a similar project but more as a precaution to keep water out for any rear aproaching waves that sometimes get our feet wet or worse yet, possibly swamp the boat.

Nice job! FWIW, large rectangular scuppers (gravity closed) would work slick on that false wall, even with the bottoms 2-3" above the cockpit floor, to at least empty or dump water in-case-of-an-emergency ...

LRS-2.jpg

Parkerman":27jzw928 said:
I have the same notch transome but my scuppers are located on either side of the motor. Are yours in the same location? Any consideration for this? I was contemplating a similar project but more as a precaution to keep water out for any rear aproaching waves that sometimes get our feet wet or worse yet, possibly swamp the boat.
Hi, if you look in my pics you can see the scuppers are on either side of the engine, if we are talking about the same thing, I may be misunderstanding what you mean.
Wait, there are 2 sets of scuppers, one pair as seen in the pics and the other pair right at the steering ram, I am guessing you are referring to the steering ram scuppers. The "wall" has no differing effect on them than the factory fiberglass well did.
Am I answering you or did I just go completely off target?
:roll:

DaleH":2ktj3jcs said:
Nice job! FWIW, large rectangular scuppers (gravity closed) would work slick on that false wall, even with the bottoms 2-3" above the cockpit floor, to at least empty or dump water in-case-of-an-emergency ...

LRS-2.jpg
YEAH, I like that idea. I also have a rod holder that I am going to attach to the wall so that I have one line straight down the middle, with the luck I have I need all the lines I can get in the water!
Thanks

What would you do in a crappy sea and you got to get to the wheel on the motor (line on prop or around gearcase). I like your work but thought of that when i saw it, if been in that position a few times in bad seas i usually get soaked freeing up wheel. I would be scared to take that wall away.

Parker23":gmvsyu5y said:
What would you do in a crappy sea and you got to get to the wheel on the motor (line on prop or around gearcase). I like your work but thought of that when i saw it, if been in that position a few times in bad seas i usually get soaked freeing up wheel. I would be scared to take that wall away.
I've been in that position and it was not an issue, with no less than 3 gaffs and a boat hook pole on board I can reach down there just fine. Not only that, I just watch where I go and don't run over anything :lol:

bent monkey":3uiihujb said:
Parker23":3uiihujb said:
I've been in that position and it was not an issue, with no less than 3 gaffs and a boat hook pole on board I can reach down there just fine. Not only that, I just watch where I go and don't run over anything :lol:
Ok terrific! :roll:

Back