V-Berth Rod Storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goinsfishin

Reaction score
Got tired of the mess and the damage to both rods and mattress. Couldnt find what I wanted retail so decided to make my own.

Started by cutting a template from cardboard, test fitting a couple times and then transferred to some old luan I had laying around.

Found about the third test fit that it wasn't quite what I wanted so did some trimming.

Finally happy. Transferred patten to starboard and cut out.

Test fit final time with velcro holding racks in place.

Cut out some 3x2 block and chamferred edges at 45 degrees.
Epoxied to hull and let set.

Attachments

• the beginning.jpg
    the beginning.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,395
  • dog-gone mess.jpg
    dog-gone mess.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2,395
  • cardboard template.jpg
    cardboard template.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2,395
  • luan to starboard.jpg
    luan to starboard.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,395
  • cutting starboard.jpg
    cutting starboard.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,395
  • rough cut.jpg
    rough cut.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,395
missed some pics.
I can now carry 4 heavy trolling rods on each side of the vberth. Will have a final pic tomorrow.

Attachments

• test fit.jpg
    test fit.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,390
  • testfit1.jpg
    testfit1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 2,388
Nice work, Cool dog 8)

You might consider spreading the brackets so the reels are inside of them. Otherwise, rods are not balanced, so to speak, and will bounce around breaking eyes etc.

Nice job. I am looking to do something similiar on my 2120. Where do you keep your boat. I keep mine at All Star Marine off of Middle River.

I never did post the finished photos. after some testing I moved the racks further apart and added some elstic cord to hold rods in place when underway.
Rosd are out since boat is now in winter storage, but here's some pics of the end product.
There's a rack on each side and they each hold 4 trolling rods.
They really work well and since my neighbor had some scrap starboard my total cost was $0.00. Cant beat a bargain!!!!

Attachments

• Pics122207 028.jpg
    Pics122207 028.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,826
  • Pics122207 029.jpg
    Pics122207 029.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,826
Nice work. I think I'll borrow the idea and make up a set for my 2510 WA. Right now I have a pair I purchased from Bass Pro that only holds 2 rods on a side. I can see a doubling of ammunition in the ammo racks coming soon.

You need to go into production and sell those to Parker Marine in sufficient quantities for Parker to install them as an option. :) :) :)

Here's an idea I had.

Due to the length of the rods I was using AND with the curvature of the hull ... I don't like to store my rods with any bend in them. I used a 1" wide piece of 1/16th" thick aluminum to tie in a support for the rod holder to the vertical deck stringer right above the V-berth area.

See sketch.

Attachments

• Rods.jpg
    Rods.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 804
Back