vapor lock?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
I have a 2003 225 yamaha 4 stroke and have been exsperiencing an intermittent problem lately where the boat runs fine but once I shut the engine down to say stop somewhere to eat, I have a problen restarting. The engine will start but then runs out of fuel after a few minutes, pump the primer ball and it starts and runs a little more. After about the third time doing this the engine runs great. seems to do it on hot days. I have changed the primer ball and the anti siphon valve at the tank. I ran a search and I see some posts that have the same issue and they talk about a vapor recovery system that solved their problem but the kit is no longer available, any one familiar with this problem? Thanks Mike

I had the same problem back in 2008. My local dealer installed a vapor recovery kit
part# 90891-40430-00 everything has been fine since the installation.
You can search under Engine Stalls to find my post.
Good luck

Thnaks Dennis, I tried to find the part o line and it comes up disconntinued. I will contact my local dealer tomorrow and hopefully they have the parts. Thank you for the confirmation, Mike

Back