• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

very used 23 SE on e-bay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
Okay guys, I need some opinions. I 've been considering a re-do in order to move up to a 23 SE and wondering about on this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-PAR ... 4aa6fff1df.

My main concern is structural integrity. I'm especially wondering about the transom. If she is structurally sound, what is she really worth? I really like the helm seat, and the bow arrangement, and don't want or need a live well. Does anybody have any knowledge or experiencewith this dealer?

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC
21 SE

looks like the owner tried bracing and repairing the transom,the cracks could be just gel coat,but the added bracing and plate worry me,personally Id pass,if you really want it get in touch with a local(to the boat) marine surveyor and have it checked out

By the time you buy a new outboard, trailer, and repairs to the transom (if needed) , you may have been able to buy a boat that is ready to go, less work more fishing.

Hi Peter,
My guess is there is more than just cosmetic gel coat damage to the transom. Probably needs some major repair. Biggest question for me is if there are other areas of the hull/deck in similar condition but not seen by the camera. An in person visit or a survey are about the only way to find out. Any damage could be repaired but I'd add 2-3 thousand dollars repair expense in considering a purchase. The damage wouldn't be a deal breaker if you get it for the right price, but it would definitely be a project to get looking the way you'd want it.
Regards,
Dave Burton

I called the seller about this boat. He told me the transom was fine, andd that all parkers in this model came with the transom plate and braces you see in the pictures. Anybody able to confirm that parker did this? Also, I called an accredited marine surveyor in the local area. For $250.00 he will give me a detailed survey with check list, more pictures, and estimate of what he thinks its worth. Providing its structurally sound and I can get it 1-2K lower than he's asking, this is exactly the type of situation I'm looking for, counting on a complete restoration and cost of a used 200 hp 4 stroke. Already have a trailer that will work. Any more input?

Pboettger":s8fmak7d said:
I called the seller about this boat. He told me the transom was fine, andd that all parkers in this model came with the transom plate and braces you see in the pictures.

BS... No Parker has ever left the factory looking like that.

That rig needs a transom rebuild for sure.

gw204,

You are correct. I e-mailed Robin Parker and confirmed it. In the interim I got a quote with a reputable local on what it would cost to do a complete restoration, including all new gel coat, transom rebuild, and bottom paint which comes to about $7,500. Of course this does not include the cost of purchasing the hull. In reality, I'm guessing this hull is worth about $2500.

Nope. I pretty much bagged the idea. BTW, was at Harkers Island for 4 days over MLK weekend. From the shoals on the inside to the chop on the outside the 21 se performed beautifully with 4 large men on board. These are great boats! Didn't catch many fish, but saw a seal on shark island along with great shell collecting, and on the way back got to within 20-25 yds of 2 large whales (?species). Anyway, my desire for a 23 is just a want, definitely not a need.

Peter

Your right, it's about the most versitile boat available. I used that boat from way up in the creeks to 40+ miles offshore. Not as fast as a DV in an ocean chop, but the tabs control the pounding so well there's not much difference. Glad you are using and enjoying it.

Back