Vintage Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
Some people bird watch. Others collect mushrooms. Do our wives know what we do? Quick.. Quick... ge the camera.... gotta get pictures of this one to post on the internet.

Can you say "disease"?

Yesterday morning I spotted this on the highway and didn't have my camera. In the evening at Kiptopeake waiting on friends I had the opportunity to "capture" it to bring here.

It is out of Maryland but I didn't get the name that was on the life ring.. something Dee?

Any idea the specs on this and when it was made? It sure looked like a 25.

How many 25 foot boats can you put 7 people on and still have room?

classic4.jpg

classic3.jpg

classic2.jpg

classic.jpg

parker.jpg

Beauty! She looks to be well cared for. 8)

I'd love to know the vintage, as I've never before see that version of the Parker logo. Great find!!
Here is the logo from an 83 Sou`wester, so that 2520 must be just a little bit newer than this 83.

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

I'm going to guess it's around an 87, love the logo....
I hope to one day have my 89 looking that clean.... but I spend too much time fishin to put in the elbow grease needed.
maybe next winter she'll get prettier...

goinsfishin":255fhglj said:
I hope to one day have my 89 looking that clean.... but I spend too much time fishin to put in the elbow grease needed.
maybe next winter she'll get prettier...

The picture makes the boat look a lot cleaner than it did in real life.

Looks very much like my 1989 2520, with the exception of the I/O power. Mine has the "shadow" of the Sou'wester logo sticker that is now lng gone. I am the 3rd(?) owner, no decals or stripes came on the boat when I bought it.

The woodwork and cabin style are exactly the same.

Slainte, Doug

goinsfishin":1icz94q9 said:

I was guessing 85 to 87. It sure would be cool to see if anyone at the factory knows the progression of the logos through the years.
Notice that "Parker" uses the same typeface as "Sou`wester" in Docs photo. Later logos used the present "Parker" typeface with "Sou`wester" underneath.

Here is a version of the logo used just before the "Sou`wester" name was dropped completely.

Image-AAD1467AC73311DA.jpg

HI I AM LOOKING AT AN 89 25' PARKER SPORT CABIN WITH A 90-92 OPTIMAX 225 OUTBOARD AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT'S IT REALLY WORTH, THIS ONE IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION, HAS NICE ELECTRONICS AND IS SET UP FOR DIVING. HOW GOOD IS IT OFFSHORE?, DOES NOT INCLUDE A TRAILER. I LIVE IN SW FLORIDA.
THANKS IN ADVANCE, DAN

I recently renamed my 1989 Parker with the Souwester logo:
[/img]

Attachments

• DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,838
  • DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,839
  • DSC00250.JPG
    DSC00250.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,837
I was next to one about a month ago that looked like that one.
The guy told me it was a 1979 and the 1st owner was the tv show "divers down"

I was hoping to see some more of the sou'wester logos and older parker 25s. I have redone my 1989 25 parker sou'wester and will/have renamed her the "Sou'Easter Sara" I live on the east coast of florida, hence the sou'easter and my wifes' name is Sara, sooooo... Any way that boat looks nearly identical in alot of ways to mine.. so maybe the same or very close year... wood doors are cool. sand, teak oil, ureathane, repeat... but I love mine anyway. Check my link for all the boat pics... Thanks, Captn. Rob.

Sou-East Sara":e8nebd3i said:
Check my link for all the boat pics... Thanks, Captn. Rob.

She's a pretty boat Rob! Looks kinda cool ... though 'naked' without the railing!

october-2008-first-launch-0163.jpg

sou-easter-sara-august-2-0233.jpg

I like em either bar-bq or "NAKED".... it didn't come with the railing and for the cost I would rather have more fuel/bait money... plus I don't want any trip hazzards going forward for lines or anchors, parker designs their boats so well that I can grab the house rails while moving around, however yours does look great with em...

My dad and I just bought one up here in cape may new jersey last week 1986 26 footer

Latest posts

Back