Vinyl Lettering from BoatUS?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the online Vinyl lettering service available on BoatUS's web site? I need to re-letter the boat name and I'm looking for an easy way to do it that will still look like it "belongs" on the Parker. I'm looking for lettering for the side of the house (since there is no room on the transom due to the swim step on the port side and kicker motor on the starboard side.

My opinion only but ditch the big Parker logo on the side and put the name there. I think the boat looks too busy as it is with multiple logos on the side, also, when you put something on the side of the pilot house you take away from the Parker look.

Again my opinion only, no offense to anyone who ruined their boat already. LOL :mrgreen:

Never tried the vinyl from Boat US but why not use Gas Money Graphics??

I seem to recall seeing here on CP that there is a member that does boat names in the "Parker" style. think I'd like to replace the Parker logos on the side (which are worn out) with the boat name, maybe - and get the best of both worlds.

I'm also one who prefers a "spare" look, but it seems wrong not having the name *anywhere* on the boat...

there are lots of sources for the lettering out there.

i have used Boat US several times. i thought it was easy using their program on line and ordering it.

Attachments

• J3072x2304-01331.jpg
    J3072x2304-01331.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 348
Bryan 2530":324ilrcq said:
My opinion only but ditch the big Parker logo on the side and put the name there. I think the boat looks too busy as it is with multiple logos on the side, also, when you put something on the side of the pilot house you take away from the Parker look.

Again my opinion only, no offense to anyone who ruined their boat already. LOL :mrgreen:

Never tried the vinyl from Boat US but why not use Gas Money Graphics??

I beg your pardon! :wink:

Attachments

• Parkerside1.JPG
    Parkerside1.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 346
SBH2OMan":1olzd81w said:
I seem to recall seeing here on CP that there is a member that does boat names in the "Parker" style. think I'd like to replace the Parker logos on the side (which are worn out) with the boat name, maybe - and get the best of both worlds.

I'm also one who prefers a "spare" look, but it seems wrong not having the name *anywhere* on the boat...

Gas Money Graphics

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8361&hilit=gas+money+graphics

Ditto on having Tom do it for you. He did mine. Looks great across the transom

Attachments

• Tide-Chaser_R7.jpg
    Tide-Chaser_R7.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 327
What is the easiest way to remove the Parker lettering?

I would love to do this and slap "Mojo" on the side before she is splashed....????

pmeggers":2dn7gxnp said:
What is the easiest way to remove the Parker lettering?

Heat gun and peel, don't trim your fingernails for a week. :mrgreen:

Then Acetone to remove the residue and buff.

This stuff works amazing http://www.amazon.com/3M-Woodgrain-Stri ... B000PESJ3G I USED IT TO REMOVE A BOOT STRIPE OFF MY LAST BOAT YOU SPRAY IT ON LET IT SIT FOR A FEW MIN HIT IT WITH A HEAT GUN AND IT TURNS THE DECALS INTO AN ELASTIC BAND AND THEY COME RIGHT OFF, YOU CAN FIND IT AT A LOCAL WEST MARINE

sorry for the caps to lazy to go and retype it haha

If you'd rather have the name done in the "Parker" style, TomS of "Gas Money Graphics" is the person to see. :wink:
Both the "Chesapeake Edition" graphic and the boat name on my Parker were sourced from the Boat US site.

web.jpg

Here is the boat name on my previous boat. I used the same font and put the name on the transom of my Parker.

web.jpg

West Marine computer site does a nice job of letters. First boats letters still going strong after 11 years no fade.
any way you choose,after application wax and wax annually to help seal.

Back