Vinyl Upholstery Cleaner/Restoration - Best Products?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbigma

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did a quick search of the ClassicParker archives, and it doesn't look like we've kicked this topic around yet. Need to get some recommendations in the ClassicParker KnowledgeBase for all to reflect on. :lol:

What is your favorite product for cleaning, restoring, protecting the V-Berth cushions, helm seats, coaming pads, and all other assorted Parker vinyl accessories?

Are there separate products for removing dirt, grime, and others for laying down a protective barrier? Are there some products to -Avoid- because they are either not so effective, a waste of money, or downright abusive to our Parker Parts?

My 2000-vintage Vinyl parts are not in nasty condition, but could probably use a facelift with the right miracle cream! 8) I have been using a mish-mash of marine upholstery products from Boater's World and West Marine, but so far I have been un-impressed with their performance.

What is the collective wisdom of ParkerNation?

-John

John,

To clean the inside items... if they are soiled, I'll use Simple Green and water.
This is what I use to clean the pilothouse floor...

If I just want to freshen everything up, I'll use Pine Sol and water.
That stuff makes the whole cabin smell like a pine forrest. :D

I don't use protectants on the inside stuff. :)

I agree with Megabyte on the Simple Green. I use that on everything. For getting tougher stains out, I use small amounts of Softscrub with bleach on a wet rag. After I have cleaned and dried all the cushions, I apply 2 coats of Armor All. My cushions are 1998 and they still look and feel new so this has worked for me.

I also use Spray Nine on the vinyl for dirt stains or grime. Then I use ArmorAll.

Dana

Back