w Parker owner...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finbreaker

Reaction score
Cheers, all! Just bought my very first boat in a partnership with a good friend our here in the Ventura California area... A used 2008 2320SL which we actually purchased in North Carolina because any decent fishing boat in California is ridiculously overpriced.. It is a beautiful boat with a 250HP Yamaha F250 with 270 hours on it, and the boat is immaculate as well. Unfortunately we are probably going to take it in the shorts to get the boat shipped out here across country and that will probably eat up the money we saved buying an east coast boat. Does anyone have any advice in terms of how to protect the boat for such a long trip? We will be getting the boat towed across on its own trailer, and we are getting our trailer fully checked out before the trip- hubs, bearings, brakes, tires, etc. Any recommendations from anyone who may have been through this would be great. We would love to have the boat arrive in the mint condition in which it currently exists! Thanks in advance! Oh, so far it looks like we are going to pay around 4 grand for shipping. I didn't want to go with the lowest bidder on Uship because we actually want our boat to make it to California in one piece so we used a shipper recommended by the boat seller that is in the business of towing boats...

I sold my previous boat to a gent in Wisconsin. The trip from NY to Wisconsin was 1,000 miles. It too was trailered on its own trailer. My advice is to service the trailer and secure the boat with transom straps. Also I put 2 coats of wax on the boat. The buyer said the boat arrived in great shape and he hosed all the bugs and road grime off due to the fresh coats of wax.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck.

Thanks for the advice... I probably won't be able to get a coat of wax on the boat prior to shipping, but I will make sure to inquire about the transom straps. Are those straps meant to go from the transom to the trailer? Do they just prevent the back of the boat from bouncing around? I'm also going to buy a cover for the outboard motor just to keep it looking shiny and new, it's a 2700 mile journey for the boat!

Where in NC is the boat located? Chris Daniels from Harkers Island has a mobile boat detailing business and does great work. He could probably get you some wax on it depending on location and timing. Have you investigated getting it shrink wrapped?

The boat is in Morehead City, I think the shrink wrap idea is a good one... I'll look into that and possible a detail before she gets hauled 2700 miles! Thanks!

Yes. Transom straps attach from the eye loops on the stern of the boat and attach to the trailer. I use them regulary and they make a big difference in adding stability.
Eastern trailer has them. get the 2" straps by 5 or 6 ft.

Back