Wall and ceiling carpet inside Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lgdpt

Reaction score
The carpet glued to the inner walls and ceiling of my 2006 Parker is shot. Its crumbling....the little hairs float all around if it is touched....

My question is. Has anyone removed it? I think that is my only option so looking for advice.

Thank you!

I has issues with my 07 2120. After 2 months in the water the entire ceiling carpet started to sag. I wound up getting it repaired under warranty after the season but it failed again the following season. I bought some spray adhesive from home depot and repaired it for the third time and never had a problem after that.
With that said I would gently remove the carpet and save it for a template. Cut the new carpet slightly larger and then clean up all the dried glue etc from the areas that you removed it from. Use a good spay adhesive and make sure it is well ventilated and replace. You should be very happy with the results.

I believe a member or two has removed it.
Problem seems to be that after removal, the glue is left behind and is unsightly.
If you could scrape off the glue, you would probably have to paint the surface to make it look nice again.

We have had members who have cleaned that carpet with something like OxyClean and a garden hose.
That is actually what I want to do with my boat this coming spring.

Thank you both... Is there gelcoat under the carpet? I wasn't sure if it would be just plywood on the headliner.

When we bought our '02 2520XL it had been neglected for a several years. The "monkey fur" carpet has horrible and we thought it would have to be removed and replaced. It was filthy and the fibers were as you described. Since we had nothing to loose we attacked it with a pump-up garden sprayer filled with Oxi-Clean. After soaking the carpet and waiting 20 minutes, it looked like a crime scene. Actually, it looked like there had been a knife fight in there! Next step was a garden hose with a pressure nozzle. We were absolutely shocked at the results! We used a Shop-Vac to suck as much water out of the carpet and left the windows open for a few days. Unbelievable!

It still sheds a bit, but nothing like before, so in the spring we will repeat the process. After that I'm going to try spraying on some 303 Fabric Protectant. Hopefully that will help with the shedding.

Lucky John":24lxfbn8 said:
I has issues with my 07 2120. After 2 months in the water the entire ceiling carpet started to sag. I wound up getting it repaired under warranty after the season but it failed again the following season. I bought some spray adhesive from home depot and repaired it for the third time and never had a problem after that.
With that said I would gently remove the carpet and save it for a template. Cut the new carpet slightly larger and then clean up all the dried glue etc from the areas that you removed it from. Use a good spay adhesive and make sure it is well ventilated and replace. You should be very happy with the results.
Do you recall what you used for an adhesive? I got my 2520 and the overhead carpet in the PH was already gone so no template. Contacted a couple of shops and all were leery as they thought the heat of a closed cabin would cause the glue to fail. Would like to get something up there for looks and sound deadening.

I've had to re-seal some of mine and used a 3M product.
I'd have to find it to take a photo of the can.

When I did the ceiling I removed hardware then peeled back one half, sprayed the glue on generously and pushed back in place. I did have some excess and trimmed as needed. When I developed a leak where the hull was joined at the rub-rail I did the same procedure and never had another problem.

Back