Wanted !! 1999-2010 2320 or 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mekiz28

Reaction score
Prefer a yami 225hp+ 4 stroke with trailer and will to fly out anywhere to come take it off your hands. Price range 30-45k depending on condition and hours but very motivated buyer.

I have a 1999 2520DV lots of extras not listed for sale, however? I am soon to be 72 and open to discussion, I live in central Oregon and moor in Newport for the summer. Willing to talk Dana 541-420-8794

I have a 2000 2520 with 05 Yamaha 150s and aluminum trailer that I will be putting on the market in 2-3 weeks. Boat is in Annapolis Maryland.

I like both and would settle with any of them.
Some thoughts; They are both great boats, and we would be happy with either. (heck, even BOTH!) ...
One big difference may be trailer-ability, and tow vehicle size. And, the beam on the boats are different; 9'6" on the 25... Will you need to tow it often?, and/or long distance? What vehicle do you have? Our 2520 is trailered only to get it onto high-ground for hurricanes; and that's only about 2 miles from a ramp. We have a good trailer, but with an F150, 5.0, Crew Cab 4X4, I would not want to have to trailer very often, long distance, and certainly not at highway speeds. (I know, you younger dudes would have no issue with doing so; nor did I in the 1960' and 1970's! ☺)

Some thoughts; They are both great boats, and we would be happy with either. (heck, even BOTH!) ...
One big difference may be trailer-ability, and tow vehicle size. And, the beam on the boats are different; 9'6" on the 25... Will you need to tow it often?, and/or long distance? What vehicle do you have? Our 2520 is trailered only to get it onto high-ground for hurricanes; and that's only about 2 miles from a ramp. We have a good trailer, but with an F150, 5.0, Crew Cab 4X4, I would not want to have to trailer very often, long distance, and certainly not at highway speeds. (I know, you younger dudes would have no issue with doing so; nor did I in the 1960' and 1970's! ☺)
Yea forsure I totally agree with you but id say 3-5 times a year I would tow it over 50 miles to SD but other than that the harbor is about 10 minutes from my house but I have a brand new ram with the 5.7 4x4 with the 3.92 gear ratio which is rated for 11k then gonna be adding some airlift bags to level out the rear so I think I’ll be fine. My dad says 23 but of course I say 25 🤣 but I’m good with both ! Only request is a low hour Yamaha 225hp+.

Yea forsure I totally agree with you but id say 3-5 times a year I would tow it over 50 miles to SD but other than that the harbor is about 10 minutes from my house but I have a brand new ram with the 5.7 4x4 with the 3.92 gear ratio which is rated for 11k then gonna be adding some airlift bags to level out the rear so I think I’ll be fine. My dad says 23 but of course I say 25 🤣 but I’m good with both ! Only request is a low hour Yamaha 225hp+.
Heck, you could tow the Queen Mary if needs be!

Andy said "heck, even BOTH"... I am pretty lucky, my piermate has a 2320 and I have have a 2520, so we get to enjoy the best of both worlds as they go go with us and we go with them. There is much difference between the two and as Andy says above trailerability is a big one. I also trailer my boat only for storm avoidance and for periodic service and only for short distance (10 -15 miles at most) and use an F150 5.0 crew cab, You know you have a load back there when pulling the 25! Here are our two girls side by side - sorry the 2320 is hiding behind the 25.

Cap'n Dan

Attachments

• 20200909_085942.jpg
    20200909_085942.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
Andy said "heck, even BOTH"... I am pretty lucky, my piermate has a 2320 and I have have a 2520, so we get to enjoy the best of both worlds as they go go with us and we go with them. There is much difference between the two and as Andy says above trailerability is a big one. I also trailer my boat only for storm avoidance and for periodic service and only for short distance (10 -15 miles at most) and use an F150 5.0 crew cab, You know you have a load back there when pulling the 25! Here are our two girls side by side - sorry the 2320 is hiding behind the 25.

Cap'n Dan
You’re a lucky man ! Wow I love that color so fresh and clean. But yea do you have any sort of load lifter for the rear or there isn’t too much sag ?

Having owned both a 2320 and 2520 there is a huge difference with the extra 12 inches of beam. Our first 2520 SLD had a 250HP Yamaha 4 stroke which was adequately powered for our use as divers. Our current 2520 XLD has twin 150's and this set up is perfect. Great combination of speed, ride and MPG. good luck with your search. Cheers, Kadman

Having owned both a 2320 and 2520 there is a huge difference with the extra 12 inches of beam. Our first 2520 SLD had a 250HP Yamaha 4 stroke which was adequately powered for our use as divers. Our current 2520 XLD has twin 150's and this set up is perfect. Great combination of speed, ride and MPG. good luck with your search. Cheers, Kadman
Good to know I have yet to get in a 2520 but loved the 2320. Yes!! I’m trying to get this 2000 2520 with twin 150s, hopefully I can get this one. Thanks for the info !

Back