• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted a loran C

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could this software help you out?

http://www.andren.com/

Manage your book of waypoints on the computer. Print your book with spreadsheet listings and charts. Coordinate your book with your track plotter

Enter up to 32,000 waypoints per file using GPS and/or Loran data.
GPS Lat/Lon waypoints are accepted and displayed in a variety of formats such as: degrees, degrees/minutes, and degrees/minutes/secs.
Display Lat/Lon or loran with a variable number of decimal places.
Convert from Loran to Lat/Lon (GPS) and vice versa. Precision calibrate the conversions using local knowledge. Along with each waypoint you can include a Name, Rating, Description, Color, Icon, Depth, and Comments

got_em_on":f98o2b4t said:
Could this software help you out?

http://www.andren.com/

Manage your book of waypoints on the computer. Print your book with spreadsheet listings and charts. Coordinate your book with your track plotter

Enter up to 32,000 waypoints per file using GPS and/or Loran data.
GPS Lat/Lon waypoints are accepted and displayed in a variety of formats such as: degrees, degrees/minutes, and degrees/minutes/secs.
Display Lat/Lon or loran with a variable number of decimal places.
Convert from Loran to Lat/Lon (GPS) and vice versa. Precision calibrate the conversions using local knowledge. Along with each waypoint you can include a Name, Rating, Description, Color, Icon, Depth, and Comments

i would be wary of those programs and calculations to convert loran #s to GPS. usually, theres a degree of error involved that will offset your data. the two best ways to do it are like RN said, rig a temp unit, or get an actual navigation chart (NOT a laminated fishing chart) as published by NOS or NGA and plot the loran numbers on there with a translation card, and then pull the GPS positions off of there. might not get you to within a tenth of a minute accuracy, but it'll be enough to put you in depthfinder range.

i jusy pulled mine off boat, have all wires, coupler , instruction book, apelco c40, antennae........100 bucks plus shipping if interested. unit works mint, all my numbers have been converted

I saw one for sale on the hull truth yesterday, friday.

i always check here first then move to my other favorites 8)

Latest posts

Back