!WANTED! - stock Parker logo graphic

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

Reaction score
I have a parker I'm in the process of restoring and am in need of the stock logo. I have a vinyl cutter and was planning on using illustrator to create the graphic but soon realized that it is not a stock font. If anyone has a decent large graphic or preferred vector file, I would much appreciate it.

What model year is your hull?
Parker has used a number of different logos over the years...

its a 91 diesel 2520 sport cabin.

I'm not concerned with which variation. newer is preferred. I actually plan on using a different color scheme and other minor modification.

The machine is at my company and material is a non-issue.

Someone surely has this graphic?

For $10, buy the one listed above and then make the modification of your choice like I did!

Image-B8C19720290511DC.jpg

Image-B8C1CDD8290511DC.jpg

newguy":2dfq42x2 said:
Someone surely has this graphic?

No, no one commercially has this graphic, it is proprietary to Parker Marine.

Now our own TomS here does some custom graphics of user desired boat names using a Parker-like font, but again, it is all custom work. If the name 'Parker' is what you want, see your dealer or buy from that link. FWIW I once priced the large logos at $40 each, so that decal for $10 is a steal.

Megabyte. nice clean ride. Whats the bulb shaped contraption on the anchor do?

Dale... actually what I was refering to was a file someone had (has) laying around from a past project. I'm sure someone has it just not on the board much. In actuallity I would not expect it to be commercially avail as a file as there would likely be licencing issues with that.

Like I was saying, a black sticker won't help much with an alternate color scheme.

Suprising.. hmm well illustrator it is. Thanks for the input.

newguy":1oel1u12 said:
Megabyte. nice clean ride. Whats the bulb shaped contraption on the anchor do?

That is an Anchor Concepts HydroBubble anchor.
The plastic 'bubble' keeps the anchor righted as it falls to the bottom, allowing for more consistent hookups.
Works pretty well too. :wink:

10$

I may get a few for the house at that price. :D :D :D

Actually I plan on taking the ones off the hull in the spring for a cleaner look.

grouperjim":38d8wno8 said:
i'm still trying to get my hands a 2 original Sou'wester decal/guy w/hat.

This one?

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

Take the image to a sign shop and you can probably have one made.
I have 4 of these that are printed on clear vinyl (like the originals), but I'd like to have a set done up by a sign shop that are individual letters.

I actually like this graphic better because it says Parker Sou`wester

parker.jpg

So this is what I hacked together the other night. I still have further to go but it's getting close. My first time editing fonts with illustrator but really simple once the controlls are figured out.

parkerlogo2gv2.gif

I'm leaning towards the blue scheme with matching 2520 XL decals on the cabin.

parkerlogosp3.gif

Honestly though, I've thought of ditching the original font altogether in to bring it more up to date. The style they used looks like something from an old 70s era add in Sunset magazine or the font choice off an old box of Stovetop stuffing or something. It just looks old... you know like that cheap verneer laminate wood paneling they used in 70s and 80s erra homes, or green shag carpet. Cool in their own time but you have to be into it in this age.

I know i'm in for it with those statements but, I can handle it.. Flame away. I'll post more as I come up with ideas. :D

newguy":2cgk6uqw said:
I know i'm in for it with those statements but, I can handle it.. Flame away. I'll post more as I come up with ideas. :D

We don't believe in flaming here on ClassicParker. 8)

Your work looks good, but I think the factory is happy with the copyright and design of their present logo. :)
Still, there is nothing stopping you from developing a new age design, and I think we would all be interested in seeing what you come up with!

Have fun, and good luck!

Megabyte":17arqqcm said:
This one?

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

This is my alltime favorite logo - there is a boat at the marine fisheries in morehead that has that logo - i think it's an original s'wester

I'm glad to see you’re receptive.

I've seen the response from purists in every community (hobby) I join. Some want no part of change, even if it's on someone else's ride.

I think Parkers are great boats. The utilitarian design cues make it a great balance for sportsmen. as you all post all sorts of mods of your own, including both minor and major, cosmetic, mechanical and structural. These are some of mine.

Yes, actually I have a soft top that extends up then back with an aluminum frame and rocket launchers, back from the cabin, over the deck. The material is blue. I'd like to tie it all together.

parkerlogo3kw1.gif

oh and here's another project which I did but had a few naysayers

41582976eq6.jpg

thats a hand built (by me) Ti full exhaust sys, sliders, tail mods, foot controlls, mirors paint etc.

Actually, I've always had a thing for orange. The scheme on the bike was partly this aswell as a touch on the Harley roots of BUELL with out taking it to a tacky extreme. Just simple orange, white and black.

Latest posts

Back