Washdown hose connection

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
When I bought the 2320 a few years back, it had a bronze "garden valve" type unit mounted to the aft port corner which was plumbed to the washdown pump. I never really understood why that big ugly thing was necessary, given that the washdown pump is switched and has a handle on the hose (and there is a seacock on the inlet side). But it finally froze up on me and I need to replace it.

Is there any reason not to just use a flush-mount type connector that has a barbed 1/2" inlet and a 3/4" male GHT outlet with a rubber or plastic cap? It sure would look a lot cleaner.

Does anyone have any recommendations for such a connector?

Yep. If I leave the seacock open (which is most of the time) I always leave the cap off and let the water flow in the splashwell. If you cap it off, when you go on plane, the scoop can create high water pressure which can cause an old hose to leak or pump to crack.

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 593
Nice Bobby, 316 SS to boot! And from one of my favorite places to shop no less ...

Brent":262zunk3 said:
it looks like
3/4" for standard garden hose and back is 1/2" NPS female
m2cw

B2

How can you tell? I only see "Pipe size 1/2"

That's pretty general...

. . . .I just installed the same fitting as above. . ..works great.

Attachments

• new wash down.jpg
    new wash down.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 551
Shannonigans":2lcff0nr said:
. . . .I just installed the same fitting as above. . ..works great.

I like that one in the picture. It has what appears to be a ball valve integrated into the fitting?

Where'd you get it?

Damn Joe you've got good eyes. Why would you need/want a valve there? I'm replacing a silly-looking garden valve, and I figured it was superfluous since there is a valve at the seacock and the washdown pump is switched (and pressure activated), and there is a sprayer on the hose that acts as a valve.

SBH2OMan":22w02t83 said:
Damn Joe you've got good eyes. Why would you need/want a valve there? I'm replacing a silly-looking garden valve, and I figured it was superfluous since there is a valve at the seacock and the washdown pump is switched (and pressure activated), and there is a sprayer on the hose that acts as a valve.

I want to be able to regulate the water flow in a convienant manner when using my zodi hot water heater. I rigged up my fresh water pump on my Parker using a ball valve and it worked great at conserving the limited fresh water.
What I rigged up wasn't as clean as that hose valve in the picture.

Back