Washdown pump install?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
I've got a new 2100CC on order, a replacement for my 2520XL.

I ordered the new boat without a washdown. I was underwhelmed by the way the Parker factory set up the washdown pump and plumbing on a similar boat, and I think it is one of the overpriced factory options.

The washdown pump on my 2520XL worked properly, but I was never impressed with the water pressure it put out.

I'm thinking of installing my own washdown pump on the new boat. I know I'll need a bronze thru-hull and valve, but beyond that, I am at a loss.

I think I want the pump amidships, in the center console, mounted to a wall of the console. So, if I mount the thru-hull in the stern, and run the proper hose under the deck to the inside of the console, will my pump draw properly with that much lift?

And what pumps? I'm wondering...why not just mount a baitwell pump on top of the valve and run that hose to an outlet where I want it?

Or how about running a "diverter" off the livewell pump that will be installed in the boat at the factory?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Back