Water below fuel tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tito

Reaction score
Hi there,
I bought 2320 a couple years ago and it has a new deck and fuel tank. There are 3 inspection plates on the deck. And one day I was wondering if there was any water below the tank so I pushed a tube down there and managed to siphon out probably about a gallon of what seemed like soapy bleach water. I’m wondering if there’s a better way to drain that cavity below the tank, I’d sleep better knowing it’s bone dry down there. My boat does have a small through hole along the keel in that region, I have no idea what it goes to. My Parker is a year 2000 with the notched transom. Hope maybe somebody can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

If foam is wet, add a fan over a hatch blowing skyward. Open other deck hatches. If might help and take a long time to,dry out. .
No more foam. It was all blocked in with heavy lumber. I suppose the only way water would get in is if any of the deck plates were left open. I’m starting to think I might be worrying about something I shouldn’t.

Soapy bleach water around the tank is not a good idea. So is there no drain from under the tank? Or is that the pvc from the pilothouse drain? The only way water can get there is through the inspection ports. The anchor locker drains to the bilge through the PVC drain. I glassed in my anchor locker bottom and put a through hull drain in. ZERO regrets and an awesome mod. I really try to keep the water out. I seal my inspection plates with lifeseal. It helps them not spin when you step on them also.

Last edited:
Fuel tank is in box called coffin with no drain. Foam supports nearly all of weight .
Mounting tabs can crack and break but some using no foam around tank use rubber strips. None the less a full tank of gas is over 1000 lbs and bouncing around.

I like Warthog’s way . New tank with thicker AL, epoxy coat tank, use foam and seal top of foam with fiberglas epoxy resin strips. Add new deck hatches , hoses and flush hull vents with P trap, new fuel sender and grounded and water proof connections

Last edited:
Soapy bleach water around the tank is not a good idea. So is there no drain from under the tank? Or is that the pvc from the pilothouse drain? The only way water can get there is through the inspection ports. The anchor locker drains to the bilge through the PVC drain. I glassed in my anchor locker bottom and put a through hull drain in. ZERO regrets and an awesome mod. I really try to keep the water out. I seal my inspection plates with lifeseal. It helps them not spin when you step on them also.
I’ll have to test it all out. The big drain in the cabin definitely goes to the bilge via the PVC. The anchor locker and then cabin hatches I’m not sure. I would assume they would all connect to main line and drain to the bilge. I may be wrong but I could maybe see if Parker has a schematic they could send me.

I’ll have to test it all out. The big drain in the cabin definitely goes to the bilge via the PVC. The anchor locker and then cabin hatches I’m not sure. I would assume they would all connect to main line and drain to the bilge. I may be wrong but I could maybe see if Parker has a schematic they could send me.
I can dig it. I went to verify when my anchor locker drained, so I stuck a water hose in the locker to see where it came out...IT DIDNT COME OUT ANYWHERE! It was filling my hull! The foam between the compartments had leaked and clogged the drain forward of the pilothouse rear drain. The forward PVC piece inlet.
https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/1029104-parker-2320-water-trapped-hull-fixed.html

I can dig it. I went to verify when my anchor locker drained, so I stuck a water hose in the locker to see where it came out...IT DIDNT COME OUT ANYWHERE! It was filling my hull! The foam between the compartments had leaked and clogged the drain forward of the pilothouse rear drain. The forward PVC piece inlet.
https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/1029104-parker-2320-water-trapped-hull-fixed.html
Holy smokes that’s no bueno!!! I will do that! Thanks again

Back