Water in fuel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning
Tried to search archive’s couldn’t find any answers. I have a 2120 with water i fuel . What has you all do e to remove fuel from tank . Or best practices to get water and and boat running right . I planned on completely draining tank on trailer ahould I tilt trailer foward and backwards trying to get more out ? After drain replace fuel separator and put 50 gal fuel and stabilizer in .
Thanks for any help

First, you need to find out where the water got into the fuel tank and fix the problem. In an older boat, fuel hoses and the sender gasket degrade and can lead to leaks. The o-ring on the fuel filler cap is a very common place for water to get in.

To pump out the tank, you need to fashion a safe fuel pump and filter rig or hire a fuel polisher. Open the tank by removing the sending unit and then use a copper pipe attached to the fuel pump hose to get into the corners.

If you open the sender I would replace the gasket.

Age of the boat will determine how far you need to go. An older boat is likely to have at least some gunk in the tank.

First, you need to find out where the water got into the fuel tank and fix the problem. In an older boat, fuel hoses and the sender gasket degrade and can lead to leaks. The o-ring on the fuel filler cap is a very common place for water to get in.

To pump out the tank, you need to fashion a safe fuel pump and filter rig or hire a fuel polisher. Open the tank by removing the sending unit and then use a copper pipe attached to the fuel pump hose to get into the corners.

If you open the sender I would replace the gasket.

Age of the boat will determine how far you need to go. An older boat is likely to have at least some gunk in the tank.
Thank you boat was setting inside before never notice a problem . Will check fuel filler oring and sender . Boat
Is a 2005

Back