Water in the hole

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddleon

Reaction score
In the cabin of my 2120 there is a drain hole in the floor.Whenever I've looked down it with a flashlight there is water in it...a few inches.Its always there ...
I had figured when I pulled the boat up the ramp onto my "borrowed" trailer( still looking for my own!) & got the boat home and up on angle for the winter everything would drain to the bilge and that would be that.
Last night I was winterizing the boat and the water was still there.I decided to siphon that water out and I took 3 full gallons from that area.

?? I'm perplexed on why its there and not running to the rear bilge.
Any thoughts?

J

I also have a 2120 with the smae problem. However while i have the boat on the trailer I can fully extend my trailer jack and the water runs to the bilge. Also when I come up on plane I turn on my bilge pump and it pumps most of the water out.

I should mention, I bought my boat new and during the first season, I found a sanding disc that had made its way back into the rear bilge area from somewhere forward. If your water is not rolling aft when tilted or on plane (which I believe it should), there is always the possibility something is blocking its path.

I poured a gallon of the pink antifreeze into my forward bilge back in November and within 10 minutes discovered 'pink water' in my rear bilge area. So in my case (1996 2520 MVSC), there is a drain connecting the forward and the rear bilges.

When the boat was pulled for the season and set on the hard, I had asked my yard to make certain that she was 'bow-up' so any water below deck would be shipped aft.

While changing the oil in my motors lower unit, I removed the garboard drain plug and drained all the antifreeze and residual water, and now both the forward and rear bilge areas are dry, so if you can jack up the bow on the trailer, you should be able to do the same.

Something else I did was to use some blue masking tape on the motor cover and put some warnings in plain view...
The top one says "WINTERIZED", and the lower one says "The garboard drain plug is OUT!". :wink:

DSCN0010.JPG

Porkchunker":18q6zpqu said:
You winterized already?

Yea... I usually wait until the end of rockfish season, but my boatyard is replacing the docks in 1/2 of the marina this winter and they were starting this week. Had to make a decision and decided to pull her.

All is not lost tho. My BIL and I will be fishing the CBBT the 19th thru the 21st on his buddys boat. We'll be staying in VA Beach and putting in on whichever side looks better due to WX conditions.

Going prepared to jig, troll, or eel and will roll with whatever method looks the best that weekend. :D

Back