Weight of 23SE w/ 200HPDI

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Picking my new boat up Monday (assuming satisfactory sea trial, etc) and will be trailering quite a distance (350 miles home). Towing with my '06 Tundra Dcab 4wd with the 4.7l. I've towed a roughly 4000lb car/trailer combo quite a bit with absolutely no problems but that is with electric brakes (LOVE THEM!).

So i'm wondering if anyone has actually weighed such a boat (mine has ttop) and better yet has anyone towed this boat with same truck?

Appreciate all input,

Thanks

I have a 23SE that I tow with my Tacoma V6 all the time. Shouldnt be a problem.

Thanks capsized, that certainly helps me feel better!

Have to say your screen name is a bit disturbing though for a boating forum :shock:

I towed my 2006 23se w/F200 with a 2006 Tundra Double Cab TRD Off Road Suspension. I did quite well and was a more than capable pickup. I am now towing with a 2010 Ford F150. Quite a difference ... The Toyota was good, but I felt at it's limit with the old style Tundra. If I sell the 23se and purchase a 2320, I will then be thinking this scenario over again. If not on my mooring, I only tow about 5 miles so it is not a big deal. The tow from the dealer was 80+ miles ...

8)

Boat ramp is maybe 7 miles from my house and not a hill to be seen so most of the time i'll be more than fine i guess.

Will be traveling about an hour for crabbing quite a bit next summer though. Still all flat (but for the ramp) though.

Just keep an eye on the rear brakes. They are drum brakes and mine had a few problems. Stopping is more of an issue than the power to tow ...

Will do. Would like to go to electric over hydraulic one day but that is awful expensive.

I have an 06 Trunda double cab but 2-wheel drive. I picked up my 21SE 800 miles from my house. My gas mileage towing the boat is about 8 MPG, I get about 18 going on the Interstate w/o the boat. When I was running 60+ on flat Interstate highways, the truck did not want to shift into OD. I would push the O/D off button, then push it again to turn the O/D back on. It would shift into O/D and in some cases stay there for 20+ miles. Make sure you pick gas stations that you can get out of. I stopped every 100 miles to keep my tank full and check my tires/bearings. I bought a $25 IR Thermometer and checked the hubs and tire temps at every stop.

Craig

I tow a 2300 with a 250 by a Ford exploxer V8, the trailer has brakes or i'd never stop. It works fine, just have to plan my stops a little. I do turn my overdrive off. I think I read this some where but don't quote me. Seems to save the the tranny maybe from shifting out. You should be more than fine some tips: stern straps and make bow is tied down tight to avoid any bounce.

If the trailer is a Load-Rite with Tie-Down brakes, that is is whole other issue, but something to be aware of. The brakes won't last more than two seasons, and this could pose a stopping issue. I have replaced all four of mine since they seized one day coming home and were smoking. Didn't do Kodiaks but should have ... Check Them !

Attachments

• Yota.jpg
    Yota.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 305
Well she's home with me now. Boat is super clean for its age. Trailer had no brakes but the guys at Outer Banks trailers in harkers saved the day and got me set up with kodiak galv discs quickly. Really impressed with those folks.

Tundra was fantastic pulling the boat. Really no sweat! Got 8.6 l towing.

i got a 2010 tundra 5.7L v8 381 hp, no issues with my 23se but only towed about 2 miles, max 20mph

Forgot to mention Yamaha test sheet shows 5400lbs! Wonder if that includes crew?

No problem for the Tundra though.

Back