• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

west coast bow rail for 2320 Parker pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog629

Reaction score
selling bow rail off of a 2004 2320 parker pilot house,,,,$300,, san diego ca. 760 801 1873

Attachments

• SAM_2961.JPG
    SAM_2961.JPG
    344.6 KB · Views: 897
Anyone know how difficult a job it would be to remove my standard low bow rail and replace with this?

Not sure how they attach to the deck. Will go to my boat tonight to inspect.

Thanks,

Dave

big tuna":xadup117 said:
Anyone know how difficult a job it would be to remove my standard low bow rail and replace with this?

Not sure how they attach to the deck. Will go to my boat tonight to inspect.

Thanks,

Dave
Simple, I did mine myself and mine went from the 4-bolt chainplate (attached on TOP of the deck) per stanchion to this new design - 1 bolt up through the stanchion from UNDER the washboards. I had to do glasswork to cover my old holes.
I had someone lift it onto the hull with me, where every foot was wrapped heavily with blue tape. From then on and I was on my own ... haha!

I tied it in position to the cleats & railings so it wouldn't fall off the side of the boat, then I removed tape off 1 forward stanchion and secured it to the deck. Then I did 1 rear one on the opposite side. Don't put them all tight! Alternate sides & fore/aft like this, then go back ands neak up the torque on each bolt.

Make sure to have socket set with swivel heads and extenders as needed, if any tight areas to under your gunnels (washboards). I added SS lockwasher under head of each bolt (you should check your hardware that is there, and see if backing plates too!) and added blue marine grease to each.

I was done in < 2-hours ... NICE rail BTW, I would have preferred that railing on my 'big girl'.

Went down and checked out my boat last night. Confirmed I have a single bolt though the bottom on each stanchion. A knuckle buster of a job if I ever saw one. The ones on the pulpit and the ones furthest aft would be easy. No children should be within shouting distance for the ones just rear of the pulpit. Need to go through the anchor locker for these. Definitely not a 2 hour project...not for me!

Eric from Parker Boats also confirmed the 2004 "West Coast" high bow rail is the same pattern as my 2002 "standard" low bow rail.

Dave

installed the same rail back in febuary this year on our 1995 2530 parker .This was a tough job but it kooks good on the boat.The bigger rail makes a huge difference in the look.. go slow with it we used 4 sets of hands and it took 6 hours..good kuck

Why did you remove the rail? I'm looking for a 2320 but with the pulpit and engine bracket, it is still too long to fit in a 26' slip in Oceanside. Was thinking about removing the rail and pulpit - curious on your reasons. thanks.

I am considering changing from standard height to "West Coast" height on my 2005 2530. My reason is primarily for added security when going forward in choppy water. Plus there are some good-sized dings in the rail and I'm generally refurbing the boat.

I replaced mine on my 2820 with a west coast bow rail. It was a bitch but worth it. You definitely need atleast 2 people. The person working inside the boat needs to first finger turn the bolts just to make sure they are not cross threaded. The person on the outside is wrestling the stantion, making sure the hole is lined up. You are correct about the bolts in the anchor locker. You have to remove the hatch, then slide one arm followed by your head through the hole. Some of the more difficult bolts took like 30 minutes for one bolt. I taped off the area around the foot and put 5200 under the feet.

Back