West coast bow rail height

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdemar85

Reaction score
Could someone measure the height of their west coast style bow rail at the "lowest" point and "tallest" point of the horizontal/top bar? I'm just trying to figure out how tall Parker considers a extra tall bow rail before I spring the Extra $ for it and find it not that useful.

Thanks,

Joe

I don't know exactly how tall it is , but it comes mid thigh on me when I lean on it. I'm 5' 11. Definitely worth it as you don't feel like you will trip over it and go in. The standard rail caught me right at knee level and didn't provide much security in my opinion.

The rail height hits me the same as the gunnels in the cockpit. Feels really safe up there.

Could someone measure the height of their west coast style bow rail at the "lowest" point and "tallest" point of the horizontal/top bar? I'm just trying to figure out how tall Parker considers a extra tall bow rail before I spring the Extra $ for it and find it not that useful.

Thanks,

Joe
So did you ever find out the west coast bow rail height??? I would like to know too…

21 to 25 on my 2520xld . A must have imo.
I totally agree about having a high bow-rail as a 'must-have'! In fact a 'usable', 'safe-height' bow rail should be a standard item on Parkers and all other boats, and not just an option. An ideal, safe bow rail should hit the average person at least mid-thigh' ; I'd say even higher, but I understand the size issues with 'our'/Parker-sized boats... On larger boats, they should be about waist-high. The bow rails purpose is to help keep people on the boat; not be a 'tripping hazard' like the one on my 2520....

34” to top rail and 21 to bottom

I love it. We cast for bluefin on Cape cod from up there; jig for haddock, etc. it feels safe

Attachments

• 6105D597-CA88-485F-A0CE-EB690645D0BB.jpeg
    6105D597-CA88-485F-A0CE-EB690645D0BB.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 41
34” to top rail and 21 to bottom

I love it. We cast for bluefin on Cape cod from up there; jig for haddock, etc. it feels safe

Good looking rail. What did fabrication and install cost?

Brian Woods In Kingston Mass.. he’s a master! $3,000 ballpark. He also built me a backrest for a 250 qt yeti and custom rocket launchers/gin pole foe block and tackle

Brian Woods In Kingston Mass.. he’s a master! $3,000 ballpark. He also built me a backrest for a 250 qt yeti and custom rocket launchers/gin pole foe block and tackle
Thanks for sharing. I'd like to do on mine (eventually)but need to find someone in San Diego.

Back