Wet carpet sidewalls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a 2003 2520 from the original owner last February. Since then I have put 160 hours on it. It is an absolutely fantastic boat. I have one concern. In rough seas when we are pounding the swells pretty hard I get some water in the cabin. I gets the carpet wet on the side walls of the sleeper and the pilothouse. It seems to be coming in where the hull and the pilot house join together under the black rubber moulding. Should I remove the rubber and seal the joint or just try to seal the rubber to the hull? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Had the same problem on my 1999 2520.
When the boat is out of the water, walk around the bow area, looking up under the black rub rail. I saw a few "holidays" where sealant was not applied under that rubber. Patched where I saw openings and it's been bone dry since. I had about 3-4 spots, roughly 2-3" long to fill.

I basically did the samething as TimC except I ran new bead of caulk from pulpit to about the pilot house instead of filling some gaps. It fixed the problem

I had the same problem last year but I did not want to caulk the rubber bumper so I removed and inspected. I found 2 bolts missing where water was getting in and filled with 5200. Problem has not come back since. If you choose to remove be careful not to stretch the bumper or round rubber gasket that holds it in place.

The 2530 I just bought has water stains in the same area. I was a little concerned but it sounds like an easy fix. Should I remove all of the old caulk before applying the new?

Where you can see and get to the screws inside the boat, you can put a dab of caulk on them as another option.

I had the same issue as well. Got a tube of black silicone and did both sides from bow to stern. Not a drop since.There was several spots that I saw were possible entry points.

Back