What’s changed since correct craft bought Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"27'" Dusky CC has a beam width at the transom of 7'. They also market this boat with a 8'-5" beam, which is very misleading. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

Beam is Not measured at the transom......It is the widest point @ amidship.

I know that, but like I said, it's misleading. Especially if they're selling a FISHING boat where most of the business is done in the cockpit and that area is 7' wide.

I ordered my 22' 21se in december and took delivery on june 8thish. 1. On my way home from dealer to front speaker screws fell off and ripped the wires down to mid ship. Somehow the speakers bouncing on the deck a hour ride home still work fine. 2. rod holders were a mess, no backing plates and front rod holders were screwed in not bolted and not sealed not even a crapy gasket. 3. trailer brakes don't work or ever worked.
1. Parker sent me 4 new screw knobs for speakers
2.parker sent me backing plates for 6 rod holders(I supplied the bolts for up front)
3. Take it up w/ load rite even tho my parker dealer is a load right dealer.

Other than that the boat has been flawless and took a beating quite a few times this year. 62 hours so far. Of course it did take weeks and pictures to get parker to make it right. If I didn't notice the front rod holders I'm sure the cap would of got soft in that area if I didn't seal it up.

If I didn't notice the front rod holders I'm sure the cap would have got soft in that area if I didn't seal it up.
Did you go directly to The New Parker for the parts or through the dealer? I would have probably wanted to do the fix myself too but would also want the dealer looped in to see how they respond. It is important for both to know where these issues are developing so that if they care they can respond… or not.

Assuming that the rod holder issues started at the factory, any dealer worth their salt would be bending over backwards to do the work for you, or if you refused (as I would) offer to drill and seal the new bolt holes for the bow holders for you.

Quality control should be owned by both throughout the process. Check, cross check and check in with each other on the whole process.

Last edited:
I ordered my 22' 21se in december and took delivery on june 8thish. 1. On my way home from dealer to front speaker screws fell off and ripped the wires down to mid ship. Somehow the speakers bouncing on the deck a hour ride home still work fine. 2. rod holders were a mess, no backing plates and front rod holders were screwed in not bolted and not sealed not even a crapy gasket. 3. trailer brakes don't work or ever worked.
1. Parker sent me 4 new screw knobs for speakers
2.parker sent me backing plates for 6 rod holders(I supplied the bolts for up front)
3. Take it up w/ load rite even tho my parker dealer is a load right dealer.

Other than that the boat has been flawless and took a beating quite a few times this year. 62 hours so far. Of course it did take weeks and pictures to get parker to make it right. If I didn't notice the front rod holders I'm sure the cap would of got soft in that area if I didn't seal it up.

My experience with Parker fixing things like this has been amazing, I had a fairly major T-top issue that had to do with screws and stuff like this and they replaced everything and were fairly quick about it, I was so grateful that I chose to go with Parker just simply because of how nice it was dealing with Parker and my dealership them on this issue.

If the worst thing that happens to us when we buy a new boat is a couple screws aren't screwed in tight, I'm calling that a major victory

I dealt directly w/ the parker website. They were in contact with my dealer. The Worst rod holders were the bow rod holders that the dealer threw in as part of the deal. If I knew they were gonna jigsaw a hole and use screws I would of never asked them to throw them in.

Back