What anchor snub keeps the shank from hitting the gel coat ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Ok, so this is my 3rd time looking for the answer to this to no avail. Just installed my windlass on my new 2520XL today. I need an anchor snubber as I have damaged a windlass in heavy seas because it wasn't snubbed. Problem is that the shaft of the anchor hits the gel coat on the pulpit because a snubber dosent have enough height. What I have done in the past is install a snubber then a piece of starboard where the anchor shaft rubbs. Has anyone come up with a better solution ? Thank you !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 160
This is what I did no chips no regrets and everything stays inline

Attachments

• anchor1.JPG
    anchor1.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 132
  • anchor2.JPG
    anchor2.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 132
I bought a rubber step pad with a sticky back and cut it to fit in the recess in the pulpit, works great and you can peel it off and replace it if it gets worn.

Not sure how well you can see this in the photos, but I use a positive latching catch to keep the anchor tight against the pulpit roller.
The latch has a hook that grabs the chain and snaps down into place.
I also have a stainless 'squeeze snap' attached to the port cleat using parachute cord acting as my safety, just in case...
Finally, I protect the gelcoat with a piece of pipe insulation to keep the chain from marring the deck.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• anchor01.jpg
    anchor01.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 83
  • anchor02.jpg
    anchor02.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 83
Back