What do you use your small generator for?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
Hey Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate forum but since we have no "general" thread I put it here.

Anyway, Harbor Freight has a little 800w generator for a ridiculous sale price + 20% off coupon. At that price, I feel the need to buy one BUT, I have no idea what I would use it for. It doesn't appear to be big enough to run a house full of electronics after a hurricane takes out your power but it must have some alternate uses.

Interested to hear what you guys use yours for. Sale is on Sunday.

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 682
Wow that is a great price. Im tempted to get one, I think it would be good if you spend a night on the hook on the boat to run some lights cell phone charge etc.......

I called a harbor freight near by and they say they wont honor this coupon unless it has a bar code on it???? Where did you find this?

miky2884":3oog2mf5 said:
I called a harbor freight near by and they say they wont honor this coupon unless it has a bar code on it???? Where did you find this?

:D
I have the barcode. pm me a regular email address and I will send it to you.

I don't have that one, but I do have a Honda EU 2000i
It is a backup to my whole house generator (sump pump and fridge), or to run a crock pot for tailgating.
Could be used to run a coffee pot or microwave or battery charger on the boat, but I've never gotten to that point yet.

Coffee maker, microwave, small electric space heater, but the most comforting is having it aboard to run a battery charger if you need it.

I have a Honda 1000. Very quiet. But it won't run much more than a large fan. That Harbor freight might be a 2 stroke(loud). It won't push much..Remember you get what you pay for!!

The 1000i will run any of these (one at a time) as well as a 6,000BTU window air conditioner.

GenFun.jpg

The Honda EU200i is very quiet, about 60-65 db. It is also around $900 but you can stand beside it and carry on a normal voice conversation and not really notice it. I am guessing the HF is pretty loud.

Well I went ahead and got this Gen from harbor freight this weekend. To my surprise it is really quiet, i thought being a 2 stroke that it would be really loud i was pleasantly surprised. I ran my fridge, 3 lights, and the battery tender on the boat off of it at the same time for 30 minutes with no problem. For 89$ i am pleased with it right now, granted it is made in China crap, but for what I am going to be using it for if it shits out eventually i will toss it and get another one.

Out here in California I use it to power Squid lights. Honda 2000 runs 4 hrs on a tank and is very quiet. Can run just about anything you would want to take on a boat. I've also been very popular after an earthquake with the only hot coffee on the block.

Latest posts

Back