What Does Everyone Do and How did you get into Boating?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I was in law enforcement and other public safety jobs, FedEx driver, and now work in high end audio. I get to listen to speakers that cost more than a 2820 ... Go figure.

I've seen the carnage, saved a few, and lost many. Was a beach bum in high school as every kid should be, and now cruise those same beaches. Grew up in a coastal community, have a brother in law that is a commercial fisherman, and have friends that fish. I love the ocean ! Had a friend that took me striper fishing, and I bought a 21se the following year. I now have a 23se and it is a great ride. It's nice to be a part of this forum. Thanks.

8)

Chef / Restaurant Owner

Graduated from college with a degree in Central and South american Foriegn Policy and Strategic Military Advantage. Decided to be a Chef instead! HA! I have been doing this now for about 20 years and have had my own for the last 9.

I am originally fro the Philadelphia area but moved after college to the southeast (Charleston/Savannah). Been fishing all my life on Bertrams growing up, Contenders, Whalers and Parkers.

If you can't cook em, throw em back!!!

Scoundrel

Attachments

• 1draftsm.jpg
    1draftsm.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 4,306
I'm only one in entire family from Pittsburgh coal fields that has always gone to water like a magnet. Spent 13 years in aerospace with part of that time working on submarine missiles as well as satellites, etc. Lived in Seattle & New Orleans (sailed a lot then) & LA. Picked Nashville to settle down in because of some of the best fresh water boating in the world in this area, low taxes and no recessions. After graduate school, was president of a barging & dredging operation for 20 years. I was on all the major rivers. Designed number of towboats, dredge systems & barges.Owned a 40 ft. long 16 ft. beam Marinette catamaran then a 42 ft. Hatteras LRC. Lived on my boats for 7 years.

Took early retirement & cruised for a year on the LRC. Nashville to Chicago to Montreal to New York to Chesapeake to Key West to Tampa to Mobile & back home. Owned part of a boat manufacturing company (Harbor Master & Marinette) for a few years building a 40 ft. Stolkraft hull vessel with twin water jets that the Navy tested in their water basins. It could do 40 MPH & left a 6 inch wake so great stealth boat. Needed lots of R & D $$$ so we sold it all.

Owned from a 40 Harbor Master Coastal Cruiser down to a pontoon boat in recent years. Bought my new 2007 2120 Parker in Tampa & towed it home as I wanted a year round boat with a pilot house and minimal maintenance yet a good quality boat. Got exactly what I wanted.

Helped start a non-profit organization 10 years ago to give back to the rivers. It is a non-adversarial outfit with 10 staff people now that has the primary tasks of bringing folks together and educating all with the best resources we can find. www.cumberlandrivercompact.org

Lastly I have a river house/studio where I have a small torch to fool with tin cans as I watch towboats on the river. tincanstuff.blogspot.com I'm 69 now & my wife is in chemo & doing well. Had her on the boat today & she loved it as usual. Good day today & great forum. The end ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

grouperjim":1wmnwcrr said:
Got married a few years ago and now have a 1 year old daughter. Can't wait until she's old enough to help wash the boat.jim

Jim, I too had a one year old daughter. Now she's 13 and on any given weekend night, you will have a half dozen cackling girls, trying to see who can stay up the latest. On Sunday morning, when you are out cleaning the boat, she will be doing this...... :roll:

PS: That's why I got a boat..... PEACE!

Attachments

• Pictures 003 (Small).jpg
    Pictures 003 (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,239
ParkerSal":25bnhfvo said:
Nice place to live Scoops..............

Thank you Sal. It's a little different from my old neighborhood on Eastern Parkway and Franklin Avenue in Brooklyn...

Okay I grew up in Essex close to the Chesapeake Bay. With 7 kids we did not have a ton of money so most of my fishing was with my brothers at COX point park or gunpowder park or Dundee. I joined the Navy and went on Submarines when I got out of HS in 1980 at the ripe old age of 17. Since we called Subs Boats I guess the USS Von Steuben was my first boat.

Anyway. along the way I got married, took an early retirement from the Navy 1995 and had twins a boy and a girl. They are 13 and go to Eastern Tech High School. I am on my fourth boat that doesn't sink on purpose, a 2007 21" Parker which I am currently keeping at All Star Marine in Middle River Maryland. Anybody around that area that wants to get together let me know I always need someone to go out fishing or crabbing with.
[email protected]

I am a Software Development Manager currently working at a major cable television company in NYC.

I first became addicted to fishing while spending the summers out on a 14' wood row boat catching Weakfish in the Peconic Bay.

I bought my first boat when I was 21 years old and now own my third boat.

I am an environmental policy analyst, with background in both marine biology and environmental engineering. During the 1980s I worked for the Maryland environmental agency. Before leaving in 1990, I had responsibility for permitting all of the industrial wastewater discharges in the state. I now work on national and international water and waste technologies and regulatory issues involving the oil and gas and electric power industries.

I grew up in eastern PA, in a small town with a trout stream running through the middle. Back then, I had no patience for fishing and didn't spend any time trying it in the local streams. However, my family and I often took summer vacations to the New Jersey shore. I loved swimming in the surf and occasional did some salt water fishing. I did not reconnect with fishing until my early 30s. I started slowly with my first boat, a 13' Gheenoe (essentially a wide canoe with a square stern) and a 4-hp motor in about 1987. In 1991, we moved to Annapolis, where salt water access was easy to reach. Over the next 11 years, I bought and sold a series of small boats from 11' to 17'. In January 2002, I bought my Parker 23 SE. It is by far the best built boat I have owned. I fish quite a bit, but also take non-fishing friends and family on sightseeing rides. I still have minimal patience (note my boat name: Hate to Wait) but seem to make time for fishing and boating as a mental health tool.

I also enjoy using my sit-on-top style kayak when I have only smaller blocks of time to spend on the water.

I work for a pharmaceutical printing company as a customer service rep.. I use too have a small printing company before this job but got tired of working 70 hours a week, then looked for a 40 an hour week job to enjoy life before work killed me.

My dad took myself and my brother fishing and crabbing off a Romacoke Pier on the eastern shore of Maryland when we were small. Dad never liked boats because he would get sea sick unless it was flat calm.

I have been through about a dozen or so boats and now have the 2510, two tin boats for river fishing and two kayaks. Both my daughters and wife love to fish, crab, cruise and kayak. Life is good!

I am a Jack of all trades I own a Mortgage Brokerage, Investment Firm, & A Automation & Security Company, hence the name MAXOUT. I work hard and only have one true passion - Boating & Fishing.
My father grew up on the St Lawrence River in Clayton, New York. I was born in Watertown, NY in 1970 and was boating since birth. We moved to Maryland in 1979 and was lucky enough to live on the Patuxent River. My best childhood memories are boating, fishing & skiing with my family and friends. At the age of 15 I took my first summer savings and bought a Cougar Catamaran boat with Mercury Quicksilver racing engine and fell in love with high speed boating. Since then I have owned several boats from a 20' Pontoon to a 50' Coastal Commander. Last season I sold my 35' Catamaran and decided to buy the boat I have wanted for several years my current boat the 2520 Parker.
I am married for 12 years now and have a 9 year old son who is starting to enjoy fishing and boating as much as I do. With so many young kids sitting at home on the internet and text messaging I think boating is a great way to get your family outdoors and in touch with nature. I am a sport fisherman and do it for the sport. I always eat what I keep and only keep what I need within the limits. I have a strong respect for nature and despise people who abuse it. I bought my Parker without ever even riding in one and am extremely satisfied with the performance and quality. I think this one is a keeper!!

It's a pleasure to be part of this forum and look forward to the next Float so I can get to know some of the fellow Parker aficionados

Keith

i make your poop flow properly.plumber.and finally got the boat i have always wanted

Attachments

• tommy boat 2 004.JPG
    tommy boat 2 004.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 689
Back