What Makes Your Parker Fishable?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to check out Regulators recently. For those who don't know...Regulators are best known for their "built like a tank" legendary ride and the "Regulator Look". I love 'em but,

Kinda suprised. As I stepped up toward the bow, first thing hit my head on T-Top :( . Only fish box I could find was under bow seats :? Live well is in floor and not round :cry: . Regulator is a super premium priced boat.

So what makes a premium fishing boat? I would say,

3 piece hull
level deck with 360 degree fishability
no euro transom
round or at least rounded above deck large livewell
transom fish box (not in floor)
electronics cabinet
no built in or added on deck furniture in the way
reasonable storage (for cast nets, etc.)
in deck locking rod storage
plenty of tankage
T-top (optional for fly guys)

What else?

I think I stated this in another thread, but a very good buddy just took delivery of his dream boat, a Regulator 23. Absolutely GORGEOUS boat but, like you, I smacked my head numerous times on the t-top and support bars. I trippped on the step-up to the bow, but imagine you would get used to that.

The bait well is not only hard to get to and small, but the plumbing to make it work is staggering. Fish boxes up forward I could live with, but I really appreciated my transom box afer going on his boat.

My boat carries the max beam farther forward than his does, providing a roomier feel and more fishing space forward. The tradeoff is a boxier look compared to the Regulator. I can live with that.

To be fair, my boat doesn't have lockable rod storage, and his does. For me this is not a huge deal as I have a locker at the yacht club. Also, his electronics box locks and mine doesn't. And, while I have no compaints about my ride, I think the Regulator is smoother in tough seas.

All that said, love to fish my Parker 23DVCC!

I love the ability to get out of the late fall, winter, early spring weather in a paker pilothouse yet have a ball room sized cockpit

For a pilothouse and you wouldn't necessarily think of it, but can get in and out of the rain for short and long ones and still be out riding it out.

Lot of other good features good and bad on all Parker models and competitors. Lot of competition out there.

Dana

I like my 2320 for it's big open deck,
but to be honest for fishability,
Nothing beats a center console!
Now if Parker made something with a LARGE dog house instead of the pilot house , I'de be all over one of those!
:wink:

I'm with B-Faithful on the ballroom sized cockpit...
But I'd also add that the drop-curtain option opens it up even more. :)

Image-AAD8C446065811DC.jpg

Image-667EDAB40A5811DC.jpg

Megabyte":1ucjayyo said:
I'm with B-Faithful on the ballroom sized cockpit...
But I'd also add that the drop-curtain option opens it up even more.
[/img]
Yeah, but 'ballrooms' with step-downs like that are KILLER when doing the toona tango :shock: !

DaleH":2edbacy8 said:
Yeah, but 'ballrooms' with step-downs like that are KILLER when doing the toona tango :shock: !

:? If ya got a tuna on...why would one be runnin' in the cabin...? Fight the tuna in the shade? :lol:

i would LOVE to have a transom fishbox, but i absolutely could NOT give up my two transom rodholders (if i had been thinking when i got them, i would have 3) :cry: i fish on my buddy's XLD and i love the extra storage that would eliminate one of my coolers, but i cant STAND having to run lines from the rocket launcher when trolling :x . set up right, i could run 9 lines from my gunnels easily, have everything in one plane of sight from the back of the pilothouse (love the canvas door :D ) and have no trouble dealing with an overhead rod with a 100 lb tuna on the end of it (you wanna talk about the tuna tango :shock: ). i also cant stand the placement of his batteries down in the bilge, having the device that powers my pumps in the first area to flood out would not lrest easily with me :shock:

I would imagine tuna fishermen use a lot of drag. Good point about trying to troll off the rocket launcher. We live bait for kings and use only 2-3# of drag.

There are some real nice looking rod holders that have a bracket welded so they will surface mount to o/s of transom.

FishFactory":172opj6s said:
DaleH":172opj6s said:

:? If ya got a tuna on...why would one be runnin' in the cabin...? Fight the tuna in the shade? :lol:

Haha! I guess I didn't 'think about it' before I wrote it! Maybe I was just bustin' on our beloved Capt Kevin and that open cabin he has with that shower curtain thingy to close it off ;) ...

Back