What prop for 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striperswiper

Reaction score
Here's a tough one.
I have a 1999 2520 w Yamaha 225 OX66.
Fish offshore alot, don't ski or tow tubes.
What SS prop would you recomend?

Depends on how you think the ride is. If you feel you need more stern lift try a 4 blade like rev 4 or powertech. Also, if youre screwing around with stuff try raising the motor a little. You should be able to spin up a 17 with raising the motor. A good prop shop can help you tweak it up or down a few inches. Try propgods he can send you props and you can test them and return them for 35 per prop. plus hes wicked smart about props and what would possibly work for you. Also, go to his website and see if anyone has your set up and see what they ran under forum

Check with Capt. Kevin, I think he has a set up close to yours and he runs a Mercury Mirage Plus 3 blade prop. You can get the size from him and the test results of why he went with that one. Here is a link I found.

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... irage+plus

Definitely what Brad said about Prop Gods. I bought my Rev 4 from him and he was fabulous to deal with. Didnt have to use his return service, he was right the first time. :wink:

Catfish":14tkcrtk said:
Check with Capt. Kevin, I think he has a set up close to yours and he runs a Mercury Mirage Plus 3 blade prop. You can get the size from him and the test results of why he went with that one. Here is a link I found.

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... irage+plus

Definitely what Brad said about Prop Gods. I bought my Rev 4 from him and he was fabulous to deal with. Didnt have to use his return service, he was right the first time. :wink:

I just bought a used rev 4, have not tried it out yet but hope to around christmas. I have the 2520 16 degree hull with notch transom and a yamaha f250. I also have the mirage plus 17p which I use now, wanted to plane at a lower rpm with a heavy load so I'm trying the 4 blade. I may be selling the mirage plus if that's the direction you want to go. I can spin it 5900rpm's on my motor at 41mph with a full load.

I found i could spin the Rev 4 the same as the Mirage plus. But I could also trim the motor up more and raise the motor up 2 holes instead of 1.

Back