What Wax/ Sealers/coatings do you guys use?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xlandscaper

Reaction score
I’ve been using Jescar Power Lock+ about 2x a season and has been working great but the newer Ceramic coatings are tempting. Is anyone using the ceramic coatings on their hulls and how do they work/last?

Attachments

• A203B4A1-6E15-400D-8639-4F1D98E2FF14.jpeg
    A203B4A1-6E15-400D-8639-4F1D98E2FF14.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
I'm with you on the Jescar sealant - I polished my 2520 in April and sealed it with Jescar - 6 months later it still shines like new and beads water great. I found out about it from Drake's Detailing on Youtube and haven't regretted it.

I'm with you on the Jescar sealant - I polished my 2520 in April and sealed it with Jescar - 6 months later it still shines like new and beads water great. I found out about it from Drake's Detailing on Youtube and haven't regretted it.
YouTube is the best right?! Haha that’s how I learned about Jescar, same guy.

I'm looking for the best product for the cushions? The stuff I've been using works good till u wash the boat. The white part of cushion is fine but the grey mesh stains up on me.

Do you guys use orbital buffer/polisher to apply this product? Or just hand application? I recently got my boat and it needs a good detail/polishing to bring back the shine.

I’ve been using Jescar Power Lock+ about 2x a season and has been working great but the newer Ceramic coatings are tempting. Is anyone using the ceramic coatings on their hulls and how do they work/last?
Yes I use a product called Produxa .. they make a marine Produxa now too.. I’ve used it on my old boat and now on my new Parker.. I use the gel .. it’s amazing !… so easy to use too.. water beads off, apply once before launch .. it lasts all summer.. occasionally touch up the top .

I’ve been using the 3m step method stuff.

Recently did a medium cut, polish, and wax of the hull.

9439DF36-CE37-4BC5-A600-9F48CD13F278.jpegTurned out pretty good.

So good you can see how messy my shop is.31AD0427-55BF-4DE7-AE79-CFC5EDAA6AF1.jpeg

This is an excellent product. Farecla. Amazon has it.

I keep my boat in the water May-Oct so it only gets done once a year, but I've been using 3M (or similar brands) in steps: heavy or medium cut (depending on condition), polish, then wax. This year I put ~100hrs on the boat and the bow still shines and beads well but the sides not so much.

I haven't used a sealant on my boat yet, but my dad has used Ardex's ceramic and then Nano Sealant on his newer bowrider and 2+ years later it still SHINES and beads beautifully. I've used the Nano Sealant on my truck, too, and it lasts well.

Do you guys use orbital buffer/polisher to apply this product? Or just hand application? I recently got my boat and it needs a good detail/polishing to bring back the shine.

Get yourself a random orbital/dual action (DA) polisher. I've had the Griot's Garage polisher from Auto Zone for a couple of years now and it's been great, if not a little loud. A straight orbital polisher (no dual/random action) will cut faster when you're using a heavy cutting compound and wool pad, but it can do damage if you're over-zealous or not careful about always moving it. A DA polisher will get the job done with little to no risk of damage and is better for finishing, IMO. I use my DA polisher for cutting, polishing, and applying wax, and take them all off by hand with microfiber cloths. It's a lot of work but when your boat looks like A-K's above at the end it feels damn good.

I use a Dewalt variable speed buffer with a wool pad and 3M Perfect It compound. Learned the trick on my old boat and I'll never go back, stuff is amazing. Light compound for regular/yearly grime and oxidation. The buffer is easy to use once you get the hang of it (watch the cord at all times and spread the polish evenly...it will move more freely once the friction warms it up). Spray the non-skid with Starbrite PTFE spray and call it good. I handwash my boat with the PTFE deck wash and Starbrite blueberry soap and it's good all year. If I have to magic erase something, I touch up with the 3M on a microfiber.

If anybody knows of a power tool to get the compound in tight areas though (preferably cordless, and not a drill), I'm all ears...

I use a Dewalt variable speed buffer with a wool pad and 3M Perfect It compound. Learned the trick on my old boat and I'll never go back, stuff is amazing. Light compound for regular/yearly grime and oxidation. The buffer is easy to use once you get the hang of it (watch the cord at all times and spread the polish evenly...it will move more freely once the friction warms it up). Spray the non-skid with Starbrite PTFE spray and call it good. I handwash my boat with the PTFE deck wash and Starbrite blueberry soap and it's good all year. If I have to magic erase something, I touch up with the 3M on a microfiber.

If anybody knows of a power tool to get the compound in tight areas though (preferably cordless, and not a drill), I'm all ears...
Would swapping out the backing plate for a 3inch help? Or do you need a smaller tool to fit in smaller areas? If that's the case maybe a cordless random orbital sander?

The 3" round random orbital has always seemed to do the job, but if you want to want to get in close, there is a 3" wool pad for certain multi tools as well.

Back