• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Whats it worth ? 1999 2510 DV w/2008 Zuke 250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harpoon

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to get into a larger boat but would need to sell the 2510. I'm the original owner, the boat is well equipped and turn-key. Motor on transom. Includes trailer, also turn-key. I think 800 hours on Zuke. Tuna Rigged. Original owner.

OK, let me rephrase. Is there any interest out there at 35K ?

OK trying to upload pic...

Details 1999 2510 DV w/2008 DF 250 on notch
Outriggers, swivel rod holders (6)
Furuno CVR 582 w two transducers
Garmin 498 Plotter
Furuno 1621 Radar
4 man raft
Epirb
Speed 17-22 kts crs
about 33-35kts WOT
typical 2mpg.
173 gal tank
New batteries & hydraulic helm in 12
Recent canvas enclosure update
Storage box under port seat converted to live well. Under starboard converted to cooler.
Trailer is shoreline galv roller. Brakes and bearing recently replced & serviced.

This is an active boat and is kept in ready condition. Motor gets new water pump every second season. Oil changed twice per season. New plugs, LU oil and filters every season. Greased and lubed always.

Turns a 16X17 or 16X18.5 depending on preference. I like the 16X17, it jumps up and out very quickly.

Attachments

• parker port bow image.JPG
    parker port bow image.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 536
Price valuations are REALLY tough! Have you considered having it professionally surveyed? If so, contact Rob Scanlon of Nahant and tell him I recommended you.

FWIW I had mine surveyed by Ron in the Summer of 2011 when the boat wore the older motor. Rob put an estimated market value sale price on it for $25K, even accounting for the down market. Yet note the replacement cost was > $150K :shock: ! But that would be for new, and mine was a '92 hull, totoally refurbished (all wiring, gauges,. syustems., etc) is 2001 IIRC, and it wore an older 2-stroke motor.

I never even got an offer over $13K ... for which I am sure GLAD that I didn't sell it then, not that I would've given it away ... but if someone came by with ~$19K ca$h, I might have bit at it.

Soooooooooooo ... for your rig, even if well worth $35K, from what I'm seeing within the boating market, buyers are really sticking it to the sellers! But again, a survey could give you a more realistic expectation of what it is worth! And the condition aspect from the survey could help a trepid or cautious, prospective buyer and may even help with getting a loan to boot!

I had paid ~$400 w/out motor assessment (where they send oil samples out). My resoning, compression tests are easy enough to DIY (seller or buyer), there are also places where one can send their own oil samopple in ($50 or so) and probably the most important reason - all newer motors need a proprietary computer software & hookup to derive any assessment of use/service life - hence condition to assess a value. However, for my test, we didn't even leave the dock. A surveyor could 'test' the motor out on a trail run, but I wasn't going to pay for that "im my case", as I knew she was a dirty ol' 2-stroke motor.

However, I was VERY impressed w/ how thorough my surveyor was. He stuck his head and meters into everywhere and really put time into the wiring system. What thrilled me the most, was that he said he would have to look far and wide to find a bost in better overall operational condition :D ! He couldn't remember another boat where EVERY electrical switch worked! The rig surveyed so well that he put a USCG certified vessel placard in the window (I had to pay a processing fee for this), meaning it met all comm 'for hire' regs, even though I wasn't licensed as a comm operator. This would have helped a prospective buyer, who intended on using it for commercial purposes, in obtaining financing, which is a HUGE benefit to a professional marine survey IMHO!

And yet still ... no one made any offer even worth considering! When I got a real lowball offer of $13K, I literally (OK, figuratively) threw the guy off my boat, haha! Seriously, I ushered him right off, started the motor, cast off the lines, and said "Here's my answer ... see ya later loser ..."

Thanks Dale. I used that number to stimulate some conversation. I'll consider a survey. I'm not super hot to sell, although I have a buddy trying to sell me a twin diesel sportfish and I'm trying to guage my options.

All my switches work too......

Looks like snowmobiling again this weekend !

Phil

Harpoon":fmbewcy3 said:
... although I have a buddy trying to sell me a twin diesel sportfish
... I'd consider a big single diesel downeaster or an Albin 28' TE a much better boat than a twin SF.

The Albins are nice but toooooo much money. The boat I'm considering is a friends. I'ts got small yanmars that are super efficient.

Phil

Back