Whats My Parker Worth

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albacorey

Reaction score
Contemplating selling my 2002 2520 parker pilot house.. Fully loaded with electronics, including northstar color 952 GPs, Northstar 800 loran, raytheon radar, cvs 106 color machine.. Has single 2002,225 H.P. Yamaha outboard with about 600 hours on it.. Boat is immaculate, and well maintained, kept out in montauk, ny. Wondering where my asking price should be. I started looking at others, and feel it should be somewhere around $35,000

Any input is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Parker.jpg
    Parker.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,238
I paid $30k last summer for a 2002 2520MV with a brand new Yamaha F225 (4 hours on the meter) on a bracket. It had radar and a fishfinder (neither very great) but no GPS, so I've had to invest in some electronics. It was listed for $33 and I think I got a great deal. So I think $35 sounds like a reasonable asking price but you should be prepared to negotiate if you're in a hurry to sell. You're competing with some pretty desperate sellers out there. Good luck!

Pretty boat and good photo.

I think you are in the right area for asking price. Biggest problem you are going to have with selling her is that most people want new technology, fuel efficient motors. Most want to see four strokes.

For me, the difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke performance hasn'y been enough to warrant repalceing my 2 stroke with a new 4. On a 21 SE, the 2 stroke actually has better performance (MPH and GPH) than a 4 stroke at WOT. If you are just cruising or trolling ALOT then I coudl perhaps justify the expense but I usually run to spot, drift or anchor, then run to another spot.

JUst my .01 (deflation).

I agree with you on the two strokes. I loved my Optimax. However if someone is going to spend over 30k for a new boat, they tend to gravitate towards either the DFI two strokes or 4 strokes. Being that the larger (250 and 300) HPDIs are known for thier issues, if it is a Yamaha most prefer a 4 stroke. While the OX66 is a GREAT motor. Most looking to buy in this down market will pass on them unless the price, value of options, and/or condition of the boat really stands out

I can't understand the fascination with 4 stroke. The only thing cheaper about them is fuel cost. They are heavier, require more maintenance, potentially less reliable (lots and lots more parts to wear and fail), more costly to buy, produce less power for the weight. They are quieter if that's important to you. I'll bet if you figured total cost per hour used the 2 stroke will come out cheaper and they are just about bulletproof as far as reliabillity. I've had both and my next one will be another 2 stroke.

Nope, mostly troll. Only bottomfish after I'm finished trolling for the day and it's really calm offshore. I understand about quiet 4-S and agree they are much quieter. But comparing just total $ cost and reliability the 2S wins.
Talk about noise, I had a Nisson 140 on my boat before I replaced with the Yamaha 150 carb. Had to run about 4800 rpm to make 23 knots. Hurts your ears after a while. With the 150 I make the same speed at 3700 rpm and it's so much quieter than the Nisson.

I'm almost embarrassed to post this. I sold my Parker 21SE with Yamaha 150 2S and my Carolina Skiff J-14 with Merc 25 4S this past week end in order to down size to a single boat. I found a Carolina Skiff 178 DLV with a Yamaha 90 4S. I couldn't resist so now I'm a 4S owner. Guess I'll get to see which is really better - at least for me. (Hope all those moving parts get along with each other for a long time!)

SO many variables makes it hard to compete for buyers attention:

MV vs. DV
Twins vs. Single
2S vs. 4S
Newer vs. older hull with modern power
Electronics - Top tier vs. Wally World

And the buyers mostly don't know and don't care about the differences when they look by price. Oh they care when they make an offer, but in their mind is the older MV with a single 4 stroke selling for $15k less than you.

Makes life interesting.

Oh well, you could have bigger problems I guess.

Back