Where does water drain inside my pilothouse? Funky smell?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrasport

Reaction score
Guys just wondering I can see water in the hull from the drain hole just inside the pilothouse door. Where does that drain? I have been getting some funky smell while Im underway? Its not there when Im stopped or cabin locked up. I though it was the anchor box but now dont think so. I did get a nasty smell from around the drain hole so im wondering if that stagnate water is not draining. Any suggestions?

Pour a cup of bleach down there.

Not familiar with the 2120 but if it is stuck I would try to find a way to drain it.

Bleach in the bilge will clear some of the smell up though.

There is a drain that comes from the anchor rode well that travels back at the bottom of the hull ending at the rear bilge area.
Due to the design of the hull, and depending on how you are loaded, a little water always seems to remain in the area under the pilothouse.
If you were to run her a bit 'bow high' the next time out, that water should eventually ship to the rear where the bilge pumps will get rid of it.

As others have said, bilge cleaner or bleach can be your friend here.
Every so often I'll pour some Zep pine cleaner and a little bleach in there. Keeps it clean and odor free. :wink:

I have a 2120 '06. I haven't experience that problem, but I agree- a little bleach and bilge cleaner should do the trick. make sure some little critter didn't get in there and die.

I have an 08 2120 and know this all too well, the kids dropped some food on the floor and washed/pushed it down the drain during the 4th of July weekend, smelled like *@&Q$ for a couple of days, I flushed the bilge with fresh water and did a beach and water bath, all gone.......

On my 2007 2120 I found five places where water was going into the bilge and no easy way to drain the bilge under the cabin. After I sealed the five areas I have now had a dry bilge ever since.

The anchor line slot in the anchor hatch was taking water from rain, boat washing, etc. and the small hole in the bottom of the anchor locker drained the water into the bilge. I sealed the anchor line slot with a piece of wood I painted black and glued into the slot. See photo.

The small hole in the aft cabin floor was handled by inserting a water drain screen in the hole to stop nuts and bolts from running in there when I was working with the carpet out of the cabin and it was covered with carpet to stop the water.

The aft hatch in front of the motor was replaced with a solid non-flexing hatch with a great seal all around.

The two wire run holes in the aft end of the boat on the port and starboard sides were sealed by using a large foam pipe insulation strip with a clamp on the bottom on the starboard side and the port side was sealed by cutting a piece of PVC pipe and painting it black and just dropping it on the hole flange so it is very easy to remove it I need wires on that side. (see photos)...................................Pete

Attachments

• black_plug_in_anchor_locker_door__closed_small_127 (Small).jpg
    black_plug_in_anchor_locker_door__closed_small_127 (Small).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_0556 (Small).JPG
    100_0556 (Small).JPG
    17 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_0557 (Small).JPG
    100_0557 (Small).JPG
    17 KB · Views: 349
Back