• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Where to Buy Clear windshield

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkahan

Reaction score
Wanted: Clear windshield for 2001 Parker 1801. Want to replace the tinted anti-glare one. Appreciate any leads on where to buy one. Thank you.

Any place that sells sheets of plastic in your town.

Take the old one off the boat. Trace the pattern onto the new plexiglass. Cut with a fine-tooth saw. Sand and polish the edges. Bend the corners with a heat gun.

Easy peasy.

Any place that sells sheets of plastic in your town.

Take the old one off the boat. Trace the pattern onto the new plexiglass. Cut with a fine-tooth saw. Sand and polish the edges. Bend the corners with a heat gun.

Easy peasy.

GC, any tips on doing this beyond what you stated above? Any tricks to get a consistent bend radius, keep the material from getting cloudy, any other pitfalls to avoid? I'm looking at tackling this project as well.

Rkahan, your alternative to doing it yourself is UPD Plastics | Boat Windshields but they are PROUD of their products :oops: Not to mention the very long lead time. But it is an option.

If you're local to the NY/NJ area, there's a gentleman on here who was selling one awhile back. Didn't want to ship it though.

GC, any tips on doing this beyond what you stated above? Any tricks to get a consistent bend radius, keep the material from getting cloudy, any other pitfalls to avoid? I'm looking at tackling this project as well..

If you have the old windshield, you can use it as a template to bend the new one. If not, simply use a straight edge (such as a 2x4") to bend the plexiglass on the line you want.

A simple heat gun is all you need, and a couple of clamps.

I needed a new windshield on the 23 DVCC ..... I took the old windshield to a plastic shop several years ago and asked them to build me a new one. The owner said "don't have time, and if I did I'd have to charge you $200, but I'll sell you the sheet of plastic/plexiglass for $50 and tell you how to do it".

It took me all of 60 minutes to cut it out, sand the edges, and bend to shape.

Back