Where to mount charger? Help please?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleigher

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm slowly going through my 2520 MV Diesel.
I've been replacing switches and hardware. Need to replace fuel fill hoses, on and on and on.
I bought a Guest 2631A charger (I saw some of you had a similar unit) on Ebay. Now I need to find the perfect place to mount it.
Can you guys tell me where you mounted on board chargers?
I know boats are different but I do have an inverter mounted behind the helm. I really don't have too much use for the inverter and since it is probably not working I was thinking of pulling it out and putting the charger there.
I also have the port side seat with tackle and storage underneath. I was thinking about putting it under there.
I have the cockpit helm. I was thinking about hiding it in there as well.
I could also hide it in either of the starboard or port areas under the gunnels aft. There are currently battery boxes there which were used for electric reels, we don't use those much on the west coast.
Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks in advance.

Peter

I have two house batteries and an onboard charger under the starboard passenger seat. I only have a short history with it but it works well so far and doesn't generate too much heat. I always leave the door open while using it just to make sure. Hope this helps.
Good fishing!

When you look at Kevin's link, see that flip-up panel on the right? I mounted my charger on the back side of that panel. When I open the panel, the charger is completely accessible. When closed, it is protected from spray, and is well above any water that might get into the bilge or onto the deck.

Dave

aka

Thanks for the replies.
Dave- Did you mount yours on the hatch itself?
If so, how did you set up the wires?
When you open the door is the charger right side up or upside down?

Thanks,

Peter

Mounted a solar charger on the cabin roof.....has a controller to monitor and charge both batts......end of problem and costs less.

goinsfishin":32x5fxgc said:
Mounted a solar charger on the cabin roof.....has a controller to monitor and charge both batts......end of problem and costs less.

Which one did you get??

Back