who has an auto pilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the S1000 wired and buttoned up. Took it out yesterday on an 80 miles round trip. All I can say is, I wish I had installed it sooner.

Worked like a charm. You can either get on your heading and have the AP steer that course or use a series of waypoints and have the AP track that route. I tried both and it was dead on.

Amazing how much less exhausted you feel when you don't have to fight the wheel on those long trips.

I have not tried the fishing patterns yet. I am expecting (having read other posts) that I may not be all that happy with the performance there, but, we'll see. Most trolling I do is at 3-5 mph and I've read that, depending on current direction, it doesn't work very well.

Attachments

• 12192008 053 (Small).jpg
    12192008 053 (Small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 703
TheOtherLine":1spttajn said:
Finally got the S1000 wired and buttoned up. Took it out yesterday on an 80 miles round trip. All I can say is, I wish I had installed it sooner.

Worked like a charm. You can either get on your heading and have the AP steer that course or use a series of waypoints and have the AP track that route. I tried both and it was dead on.

Amazing how much less exhausted you feel when you don't have to fight the wheel on those long trips.

I have not tried the fishing patterns yet. I am expecting (having read other posts) that I may not be all that happy with the performance there, but, we'll see. Most trolling I do is at 3-5 mph and I've read that, depending on current direction, it doesn't work very well.

I troll at 3mph all the time and regardless of current it allways works. You will be pleasantly suprised. As long as you have some forward movemet over ground it works well. I think this is the best auto pilot for the money hands down. :D

PhilC":ql0xhtfw said:
Hey TheOtherLine, where did you install pump and computer. And , do you have any pictures? Thanks Phil

Both the pump and course computer were installed inside the box directly behind the wheel. The pump was laid vertically on the bottom part (6 o'clock) and the course computer was secured to the wall at 3 0'clock.

If you are just thinking about doing it, just do it. Next to the shock mitigation seat I added, the AP is the best toy ever.

Especially worthwhile if you do long offshore trips. For me, 40 miles offshore is not uncommon. Not having to fight the wheel for 80 miles is refreshing.

Attachments

• 12192008 059 (Small).jpg
    12192008 059 (Small).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 549
  • 12192008 058 (Small).jpg
    12192008 058 (Small).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 549
  • 12192008 057 (Small).jpg
    12192008 057 (Small).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 549
  • 12192008 060 (Small).jpg
    12192008 060 (Small).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 549
Not to derail the thread but I just noticed some wires that have not been properly "finished". Need to get on it before all the perfectionists see it :wink:

Back