Who makes Parker's undermount boarding ladders?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seahare

Reaction score
I have a Parker SE 23 and plan to build a boarding ladder swim platform similar to the ones Parker now uses on their new boats. I'm wondering who makes the undermount boarding ladders they use? Just the undermount ladder itself. looked at some new boats on a dealer's lot and didn't see a manufacturer's name on the ladder. Does anybody know who it is? And any opinions on functionality of the latest Parker transom mounted boarding ladders? Or opinions on the old style ladders they used previously? Thanks very much.

I have a Parker SE 23 and plan to build a boarding ladder swim platform similar to the ones Parker now uses on their new boats. I'm wondering who makes the undermount boarding ladders they use? Just the undermount ladder itself. looked at some new boats on a dealer's lot and didn't see a manufacturer's name on the ladder. Does anybody know who it is? And any opinions on functionality of the latest Parker transom mounted boarding ladders? Or opinions on the old style ladders they used previously? Thanks very much.
Hi seahare, since you asked, I'll add my 2-cents on the last item you mentioned; the 'old-style' one that came with our Armstrong bracket. It does not work for us, and is in fact the least useful, and worst boarding ladder we have owned in 50+ years of multiple-boat ownership.
For starters, there is no good place to stow it. It is not readily available in a MOB situation. It is 'wobbly'; hard to maintain balance when boarding, especially in rough seas.. Wet feet slip off the steps creating a lot of foot/leg pain. (even if you are wearing SCUBA fins, water-shoes, or for that matter boots!. It does not have hand-holds to grab onto when at the top, and trying to board the boat. Our past 'many' boats had safe, useable ladders. We have friends with Tri-toons that have FAR superior boarding ladders.... The only reason I have not replaced it yet is that I'm not sure I want to drill more holes into the aluminum Armstrong bracket. (the picture below is a 'snip'... not our ladder. Our ladder is the same open-end style, but ours does not have the little 'nubbies' on the steps)...
I recommend getting a boarding ladder that is bolted/mounted to the platform and/or transom; and one that can be deployed from the water in a MOB situation. Also, one that has 'loops' to grab onto at the top of the ladder, and one with 'closed' steps where feet cannot slip out.
(I understand the open design for 'divers'. I've been a NAUI Certified diver since 1982. My suggestion is to take your fins off while in the water, toss them into the boat, then board the boat on a safer ladder than the one I pictured here). Just my opinion; others will offer a different perspective...

1636506333922.png

Last edited:
I added a ladder to my 04 21se over the summer specifically for our trip to Florida snorkeling. I bought it from one of our distributors, it was easy to mount and worked perfect, even for my wife back home in the chesapeake while at the sandbar or when we were 40ft deep on the reefs. The only downside side I found is it uses a velcro system to secure/stow. I meant to look for a solution but hadn't had an issue since. Id much rather a snap/lock type system.

Back